Monday, March 06, 2006

A brand new week

Thank goodness a new week is here. With my inlaws out of town last week, things went south in a handbasket very quickly. The week started ok, but by Wednesday afternoon I wasn't feeling too well and after Ash Wednesday service in the evening, I had the full blown flu. The whole "sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever" flu. It was worse on Thursday, which is the only day I didn't have a sitter lined up. Carson was very good given that he had to stay inside with me and be quiet all day. Friday was my class field trip to St. Louis Children's Hospital and the St Louis Teacher's Recyle Center. All went well, with every student showing up on time and behaving relativelty professionally (other than our office practicum student who had boyfriend drama and showed off her large low back tattoo every time she bent over. Nice.) I felt well enough to scrapbbok Friday night and threw a fabulous shower for my friend on Saturday. I was very diappointed that only 12 of the 30 people on the guest list showed up, but she still had a good time.

Yesterday was church and small group study in the morning. At 1:00, I made the monumental return trip to the gym that I have been postponing for the last 5 months!!!! I actually felt terrific after my workout, even though I was so congested I could barely breathe. My friend, Lisa, met me at the gym and she is now a huge motivation for me to get back on track. She looks great!

Today I'm working in Oran and then at the office this afternoon. I have a hair appointment tomorrow, a few scattered appointments the rest of the week and I leave to present at the Conference on the Young Years Friday. I'll return Saturday evening.
I'm off to start the day!

No comments: