Friday, November 04, 2005

Friendship, Construction, and Christmas Songs

I am so lucky to have so many friends. I've had a pretty rough week at work and have been super busy at home. My friends are so good to me and if it weren't for them, I'd probably be curled up crying in the corner by now! Without going into the boring details, I'll summarize my work week by saying that I felt very overwhelmed and underappreciated this week. My friend, Heather, stopped by my desk this morning to let me know that she thinks I'm doing an awesome job and the reason I'm so overwhelmed with requests for help is because the last two people who had my position screwed things up so badly. That made me feel much better. I can handle fixing other people's screw ups as long as I know that I'm on the right track.

Today was another not-so-great day. I was stuck in construction traffic for 45 minutes this morning and had a mountain of reports to write at work. Luckily, I had plans to go to a party with my good friend, Becky. (Hi Becky!!!) We had a blast spending the night out together. We went to the party (a SHOPPING PARTY!!!!!), ate at Red Lobster (where we each had a yummy Bahama Mama), and then took our time going ailse by aisle through Target until they turned the lights out. I purchased several more Christmas presents that I'll be staying up to wrap tonight. On the way home, we noticed that 104.7 FM is playing Chirstmas music. I really like Christmas music, but isn't it a bit much to start the Christmas tunes 4 days after Halloween?!?! It did help me get in the mood to wrap the presents that are piling up in our basement. Ho! Ho! Ho!


I also got the chance to stop and chat with Greg's cousin, Rebecca at her store this week. I always have a good time talking with her and I hadn't seen her since Carson's party. We talked for over an hour. It was great to catch up.

In the morning, I'll be heading to St Louis with one of my oldest friends, Mary Catherine, to look for bridesmaids' dresses. I'm going to be the Matron of Honor in her wedding next April. I can't wait to hear everything she has planned and help her with the things that still need to be done.

So all in all, I've had a great "friendship" week. Thanks to all of you that I call "friend". I love each and every one of ya!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hi Amy - Had an awesome time last night also...we need to go out more often! As I took our boys to Kids Bee Fit this morning I walked into Penney's. Guess What?? Christmas music was playing! Becky