Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Such a busy day today. I started at the dentist's office and walked out with a treatment plan totaling $1100. A cleaning, three fillings, and a crown. We'll begin the procedures in two weeks. Yippee.

After the dentist trauma, I met my mother-in-law for lunch where we swapped Carson and dined on yummy Mexican food. After lunch I took Carson to school, then followed the buses to his class field trip at the fairgrounds. We had a great time with all of the other preschoolers and parents from his school. He and I stayed at the fair and waited for Greg to meet us after work for some fair food and a few rides. We had time to see literally every exhibit in the entire fair. It was a long wait for Daddy. I have never willingly watched a cattle show, but today I was ready to sit down and that's where we ended up. Lot's of mooing. Here are some pics from our day:




Every year when we first see the little monkey in the outfit, I wonder why I didn't come up with the idea to dress up a monkey and take quarters from people all day. That guy is a genius. For $5 you can get your picture with the monkey and an autographed picture. Crazy.

In other news, my plans to apply to the doctoral program have been put on hold. I saw my ob/gyn on Monday and she advised me not to take on too much if I plan on having any more children in the near future. With Carson turning 5 next month and me turning 30 this year, it's going to be sooner rather than later on the plan to expand the family. I am under doctor's orders to get in shape this year so we can discuss Franklin Baby #2 at my next appointment next September. I'm feeling pretty good about the plan, though it's pretty daunting to think about the amount of work I have ahead of me to really get in shape in the next twelve months. I am feeling relieved about postponing school and focusing on my health. I was in graduate school when Carson was born and that ended up being a mess when he came so early. The doctor also diagnosed me with a slight heart murmur. I think I've been given a pretty loud wake-up call to get my act together.

The rest of the week is packed with work and Bunco tomorrow, a crop on Friday, and work all day Saturday in St Louis. That will be my third trip to St Louis in 6 days. I'm thinking it would be cheaper for the university to rent an apartment for me. Next week I have an overnight in Jefferson City and then I'm done traveling for at least a few weeks,, other than my very last Festus class on the 26th. Yay!

7 comments:

Nicole *Ü* said...

Good luck with your health and baby plans for the future. Sounds like you and Carson had a fun day at the fair! Our state fair is going on too, so we better find time to check it out, if I can get better any time soon! LOL

Anonymous said...

We didn't go to our fair this year...and I'm not too sad about it! Looks like Carson had a fab day! Good luck on getting ready for Franklin baby #2!! How exciting!

Becky said...

Funny thing...I was at the dentist today too starting a root canal...completely dead tooth that was VERY infected. It's no fun...after that a crown. Sorry to hear about your dental plan!

Shannon said...

Looks like you guys had fun at the fair!
I hope your dental work goes well and isn't too painful!
And good luck on the getting in shape! I'm working on that too, but don't seem to be getting anywhere. We'll have to motivate each other.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

good luck with your baby plans!! I hope it all works out for you - that's so exciting!
hate dental stuff... I had to get some cavities filled too. I went in two weeks ago to get half done and go in tomorrow for the rest. FUN! - NOT.

Kim said...

Are you ever going to update your blog????

Anonymous said...

Yooohooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Where are you Amy! ;-)