Sunday, October 23, 2005

City Sidewalks, Busy Sidewalks or maybe not

Hello Blog Readers! Yes, I'm still alive! Things have finally settled down for a few days at the Franklin household and I have a couple free moments to blog. :) We have been well, but busy as we begin the approach to the holiday season.

Yesterday we worked at a Fall Festival at our new church site. It was an awesome day and we had a great time having fellowship with our church friends and members of the community. I am so excited to start attending contemporary worship services at the new site next Sunday. The sanctuary is beautiful and the sound system sounds great. In the most respectful way I have to say, "Yay, God!!!!" I hope the church is successful beyond our wildest dreams in reaching out to the unchurched population in our town. We'll see next week!

Today we went to Sunday school and then went with another couple to St Louis. They had complimentary seats to a concert performance by the St Louis Philharmonic orchestra. Our tickets said the name of the concert was "Holiday Pops, " so we were pumped and in the Christmas spirit all the way up. We had a great dinner at Blueberry Hill and arrived just in time for the opening song. Greg went back to the lobby and returned with programs that said "A Tribute to America." Interesting, didn't sound like a holiday themed title. It actually was holiday themed, but more like Independence Day than Christmas. Nevertheless, the music was awesome and we had a good time. We may go back in December to hear the "Holiday Pops" performance. We topped of the evening with a stop at Krispy Kreme for some hot doughnuts and cold chocolate milk. I am now paying the price and may be up all night with a stomach ache. :( Those doughnuts sure were good. All three of them.

This week is work Monday through Thursday and a trip to St Louis for a conference on Friday. Greg and Carson are going with me to the conference. We're planning to go somewhere fun when I get finished Saturday afternoon. Always nice to take the family on a free work trip.

I have begun my Christams shopping and I'm on a mission to have it completed by Thanksgiving this year. I think it will be great to be able to put all the gifts under the tree as soon as we put it up at Thanksgiving, and hten sit back and enjoy the season without fear of the mall. I say this, but I'll probably end up just buying additional gifts even if I'm already finished with my gift list. I'm having trouble thinking of much that I want this year. There's still plenty of time for me to browse though!

Have a great week! Hopefully I'll have time to check in again soon! -Amy

1 comment:

Diana Sue said...

Hey Amy I'm glad your all doing fine and that is nice that Carson and Greg got to go with you this time makes going back to the hotel nice to have so one there waiting on you. What is carson going to be for Halloween this year? I'm am plaining on going to your party I have to see about football with Logan. If I can't go can you sent me a book?