Monday, October 10, 2005

Pumpkins! and Leaves! and Scarecrows! Oh My!

I love Fall. I realized this morning on my scenic drive to Fredericktown, MO just how much I loe this season. There was a chill in the morning air and the leaves were beginning to colors everywhere I looked. Fall displays were seen all along the roadway and Halloween costumes were prominently displayed in the windows of a secondhand store I stopped in. What a great day.

Today was also a good day career wise. It was awesome to return to the diasatrous child care center I visited a few weeks ago and see that the teachers and director have made a huge effort to implement my recommendations. What a total turnaround from my last visit. To see the children playing happily in a stimulating environment was well worth the years of school and studying I did get here. I am so proud of these teachers for being willing to learn and giving my ideas a chance. Yay Preschool!

This week will be busy as usual. I'll be starting my night class in a few minutes. tomorrow I finally get to play Bunco, which I have missed for the last 3 months due to work conflicts. I am so excited! Wednesday night is Bible study and Thursday I'll be staying in St Louis to attend a conference Monday morning on hearing impairments. I don't know a lot about the topic, so I hope to get lots of useful information. This weekend I'll be working at the Women's Show at our Child Care Resource and Referral booth all day Saturday. Come by and say "hi"! I'll have free cookie cutters for ya! Sunday we plan on heading to Begg's Pumpkin Patch for some Fall fun. Have a great week!

No comments: