Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Dear Blog Readers,

I apologize for my extended leave of absence. I have been busier than heck for the past week and a half and I was simply too tired to remember to blog. Here's a brief update of what's been going on in the Franklin household:

Carson's birthday party was a huge success. The kids loved the activities and the jump-o-saurus was a big hit. It was huge. Even bigger than we could have imagined. Greg and I had fun jumping as well, as did my grandma, spry little thing that she is. She even went down the slide. Too cool.

Sunday we went to the zoo with my in-laws and Greg's brother and nephew. It was hot, humid, and Carson was on day 3 without a nap. It was not the most enjoyable trip to the zoo. The boys had a great time at Fitz's Rootbeer watching the soda being bottled and drinking rootbeer floats. Carson had a meltdown at the zoo and I had a meltdown on the way home due to a little too much family togetherness. Things are better now.

Monday I went back to St Louis (yes, less than 12 hours since I had gotten home from the zoo in St. Louis) to a meeting for work. That evening we went to Red Lobster for Carson's birthday dinner. Greg's mom baked him a small cake and he opened his gifts from us, Greg's parents, and Greg's brother.

Last night I worked in the basement trying to get something accomplished on the scrapbook swaps I joined that are due on Friday. I'll be doing that again tomorrow. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. I'll be cropping form 4-10 on Friday and I am so ready for the break.


Saturday we plan to put all of our summer outdoor things away and clean up the yard. Sunday we have a birthday party and church. Next week I'm in St. Louis overnight and I 'm looking forward to the quiet.


Pictures of our recent adventures are posted on Carson's website. www.carsonfranklin.net

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: