Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The 13 days of Christmas

I am freeeeeeee!!!! 13 days off with pay. This is why I went to school for so long. I am preparing to wrap the last of the presents in a few minutes and then I should be finished, save for my nephew's scrapbook. That will be the project for the next few nights. Thankfully, my nephew won't be here until the week after Christmas.

Carson is so excited about Christmas this year. He shouts, "Mommy, look at those pretty lights!!," every time we're out at night. He opened the first of his many gifts on Sunday and was so appreciative and excited, it made me proud. I hope he's as enthusiastic at the rest of our "Christmases". We've got 3 down and 4 more to go. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

I've cut way back on my holiday activities this year and it feels pretty nice. I've onlt baked 2 batches of cookies and I've left the fancy homemade ribbon bows off of the gits this year. They usually fell off by the time they reached their destinations anyway.

Carson and I will be attending his preschool Chirstmas pajama party in the morning. He had a blast last year and the kids look so cute dressed in their PJs. I'm already pictureing hte scrapbook page. :)

Keep warm and be merry! It may be awhile before I get back to blog. Have a fantastic Christmas!

4 things I'm thankful for today:

1. an easygoing boss...I came in at 9:00, took a lunch, and left at 3:00.
2. My goofy, sweet husband who is willing to go back out in the freezing cold several times a night to fetch things I thought I left in the car, that were actually under my rear end.
3. My coworkers-what a crazy bunch of girls. Man, do we have fun at work!!!
4. Christmas-the best gift of all.

No comments: