Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lots to share!


Hello Blog Readers! I have lots of updates to report.

Carson now has glasses. I'd show you a picture, but he's not home for me to take one right now. He looks very cute and he seems to have increased depth perception while wearing them. We went to see a new eye doctor in Springfield, MO who we are very impressed with. He prescribed the glasses and gave us a set of exercises to try for 6 months when we have our next appointment. We spent the weekend before the appointment in Springfield. We visited the Bass Pro Shop, The Discovery Center, Lambert's Cafe, and of course the only scrapbook store in town. There are a few pics of the trip in the slide show.

The following weekend I spent in Paducah, KY at Cropical Paradise with some of my best girls. We had lots of fun and got lots of pages done. During the weekend I made my first visit to the self-serve ice hut while not wearing any shoes, (thanks for the help Shelly!), a couple of beds got short sheeted, some sleep was lost and we had a blast. Pics are above.

Mother's Day was interesting. My baby nephew was supposed to be christened in church, but that didn't happen. Long story. If you see me, ask and I'll explain. My sister, Juli, and I were scheduled to sing a song after the ceremony, so we went ahead and sang it. Luckily, it worked for Mother's Day. We enjoyed a BBQ at Mom and Dad's house with lots of family. Carson got me the ipod docking station and speakers that I had been eyeing and made me a lovely noodle necklace. I'm wearing it with my dress suit in the picture above. :)

Now for the big news: Greg will be starting a new job on Monday. He will begin his plumbing apprenticeship at Dutch Enterprises bright and early Monday morning. He's excited to begin a job where he can work outside frequently and learn a new career. The bad news is that he won't get to take vacation until next May, so we will not be going to Disney World in December. I'm bummed, but I realize this is a much better opportunity than his last job. Looks like we'll be staying home for a year. Good thing we have lots of projects that need to be completed around the house. Maybe I'll get that scrapbook caught up! (yeah, right!)

We're all home tomorrow, then I have Crazy Croppers tomorrow night. Saturday I have to work at our Provider Appreciation Brunch, then we're going to my dad's big work picnic. On Sunday I'll be helping my sister with a bridal shower for her friend. Busy times, as always! Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

1UP RPG said...

Looks like you've been busy, but having fun, so it's all good. :) Cropical Paradise sounds so great...if you go again next year maybe I could tag along though I am a Crazy Cropper Drop Out. ;)
brooke

The Fishers said...

Love the pictures Amy! Sounds like you had a great time!

Becky said...

Congrats to Greg on his new job! DisneyWorld isn't going anywhere...it'll be there when you get to go! Carson looks cute in his glasses!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Awww... I know you were looking forward to your WDW trip. I know waiting is for a good cause but I am sure it's still disappointing.

Becca said...

I cannot wait to see Carson, he will be so cute in his new glasses. Congrats to Greg- Remind him to keep his pants up- NO PLUMBERS CRACK-LOL- HUGS

Shannon said...

Amy, It sounds like you have been as busy as always! I can't believe how big Carson looks in those pictures! Tell Greg that we are wishing him good luck in his new job!

Nicole *Ü* said...

You've been busy! Loved your pictures, especially the hair rising and the pick something good. ROFL. Too cute. Loved your Mother's Day noodle neckace, and it looks like Carson is wearing his glasses in that picture. They look nice on him and I'm glad they seem to be helping!