Sunday, May 18, 2008

Shindigs, Showers, and Scrappers



Friday night was Crazy Croppers. We had a fantastic time, as always!

Saturday we went to my dad's company picnic. My dad is a carpenter at the same university where I work. My mom works there too. The picnic was held at St. Joseph's Catholic Church grounds near Apple Creek. It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun. There was great food, fun games, and several of my friends were there. Hi Dana and Sherri! See the slide show for pictures of our fun day.

Today I helped give a bridal shower for my sister's friend, Marge. I was in charge of the chicken salad. (Thanks to my Utah friend, Shar, for the recipe! It has become a must-have at all of our wedding and baby showers!) Juli is going to be the Matron of Honor and I will be a server at the wedding on June 14th, a.k.a. Flag Day. Marge has a patriotic theme going on, which should be fun. There are pics from the shower in the slide show also.

Tomorrow Greg starts his new job. I am working in Marquand, MO at one of my favorite child care centers to visit. I'll be in the infant room, which has a tendency to bring on Baby Fever for me. Could be dangerous. I'm in Poplar Bluff on Tuesday and Perryville on Wednesday. Thursday is my office day, then starting Friday I am on vacation for 10 Days!!!! I cannot wait!! I plan to clean and organize the house and get ready for a garage sale. Hopefully, I'll get all of my cleaning and organizing done early in the week and have lots of time to scrapbook!!!

I have decided that since we won't be going on vacation this year, I am going to make a list of cheap places to visit close to home. If you know of anything, leave me a comment. I'll compile a master list and post it for everyone to get ideas.

Have a good week and enjoy the beautiful weather! It's going to start feeling like summer here in Missouri!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Amy,
Visit my blog, or go to

www.visitmo.com

I have listed my faves. Have a great day!

Becky said...

The museum in Malden MO is GREAT for a day trip...Carson would LOVE it.

Becky said...

WOW...thanks to Becca for her great list of places to visit!

Natasha said...

We went to the zoo and it cost 30 for gas and $10 for park I didnt think that was to bad and its a whole day of fun!!!