Sunday, June 22, 2008

Father's Day, Berries, Workouts, and More!



I just typed a fabulous post and Blogger ate it. This laptop is really frosting my butt right now. I think it needs a trip to the repair shop. Anyway, here are the highlights of the disappearing post.

Father's day was spent at our house this year. Mom, Dad, Grandma Pat, Juli, and PawPaw joined us for a low key BBQ. After the meal, Juli and I researched cruises for our Operation Lose to Cruise reward. We are almost positive we want to go to the Bahamas on Royal Caribbean out of Miami. Any advice or comments from those who have cruised this route will be appreciated.

Last week I went to water aerobics twice and walked once. I really struggled with my walk and wanted to quit on lap two. I stuck it out, but I realized I am very out of shape and this is going to take some time before I enjoy working out again. It didn't help that I had a 5 day headache that finally ended today.

Friday was spent scrapbooking with friends. Saturday I went to Iller's Berry Farm and picked fresh blueberries with a few friends. I was home by 11:00 and went straight to work making a blueberry buckle. It's like a cobbler, but better. I froze the rest of the berries to enjoy all summer. I'm going to try making blueberry cornmeal muffins sometime this week.

We spent the rest of the weekend at home. Greg and Carson spent the day outside today. Carson has found a new friend in the neighbor next door. He and Erica are close to the same age and want to spend every waking moment outside together. I did 10 loads of laundry and finished a few scrapbook pages this afternoon.

I'm of to Jefferson City in the morning to spend the night and attend a training on Tuesday. Carson is going to science camp this week and starts swimming lessons next week. I'll be going to water aerobics and getting some walking in this week. Gotta love a fun filled summer! Have a great week!

4 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Every time I hear "blueberry buckle," I think of a little boy named Ben that I had in daycare. His mother would sometimes send in a big jar of Stage 3 Gerber baby food for his afternoon snack & when he would see that it was Blueberry Buckle, he would get so excited, he would rock in his high chair with so much enthusiasm I was afraid he'd tip it over!

Becky said...

Great pictures! Have fun in Jeff City!

Lilian said...

I hate when my long posts get eaten then have to start all over again!

Sound like you've been having some good times!!!

Celeste said...

Sounds like a busy summer!

You should share your recipes!!!

Congrats on WW! I seriously need to get my butt back into it...