Friday, January 01, 2010

2009 in Review

  1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? Employed a cabana boy. It was fabulous.
  2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I can't remember making any last year.
  3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Greg's cousin, Amy, had a baby boy in November. My sister-in-law, Rachel, is due Jan 10.
  4. Did anyone close to you die? My uncle, Eddie, died of pancreatic cancer in December.
  5. What countries did you visit? Mexico on a cruise with my mom and my girlfriends. We had so much fun!
  6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? dedication to get healthy
  7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Tuesday, Dec 15-the day I got my diabetes diagnosis
  8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? managing to stay sane and keep my house relatively in order while working 2 jobs and going back to school
  9. What was your biggest failure? Gaining weight...again. I'm now back on track and feeling great!
  10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Did I ever! I had swine flu, strep throat, blood pressure issues, pneumonia, and a few rounds of stomach virus. This was the sickest year I remember.
  11. What was the best thing you bought? A cruise ticket
  12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Greg's-he has the patience of Job and never says a word when I throw a fit or leave him with Carson while I go off to Mexico for a week.
  13. Where did most of your money go? To restaurants, which is so stupid and will not be happening this year.
  14. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My trips to Mexico and Chicago.
  15. What song will always remind you of 2009? While I'm Waiting by John Waller. It reminds me to have patience, which I sorely lack.
  16. What do you wish you'd done more of? Hung out with Carson
  17. What do you wish you'd done less of? Eat
  18. How did you spend Christmas? With 5 celebrations spread out over a week...a little too much for my taste.
  19. Did you fall in love in 2009? I celebrated 10 years of marriage and 13 years of being in love
  20. What was your favorite TV program? Lost and So You Think You Can Dance, but I really cut back on TV this year
  21. What was the best book you read this year? I read the whole Sookie Stackhouse series and loved them..perfect escape from the textbook I basically had to memorize.
  22. What was your greatest musical discovery? I downloaded lots of different kinds of music from So You Think You Can Dance
  23. What did you want and get for Christmas? A camera and I got it!
  24. What was your favorite film of this year? I loved The Blind Side
  25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 33 this year. I went to Red Lobster with the family and had a pretty quiet celebration.
  26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having lost a ton of weight and avoiding the diabetes diagnosis.
  27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Dark jeans, layered sweaters, and a little more jewelry than I've worn in the past.
  28. What kept you sane? Girlfriends..I love my scrapping and Bunco buddies
  29. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? none that I can think of
  30. What political issue stirred you the most? Health care
  31. Who did you miss? My Utah friends.. I would love to go see them this year. Miss you all!
  32. Who was the best new person (people) you met? We became closer with several people from church and have enjoyed great fellowship getting to know them better.
  33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: The only thing certain is change and it's how we respond to it that matters.
  34. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: I will move ahead, bold and confident.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

This UT girl miss you too! Come visit anytime!

Celeste said...

I miss you too Amy!

You sure had a full year!