Sunday, January 24, 2010

My first digital layout




















Today I spent most of the afternoon trying to teach myself the basics of digital scrapbooking. I can't say that I have anywhere close to a good understanding of how to scrapbook in Photoshop Elements, but I figured out enough to crop the picture in the layout above and add each individual element in separate layers. I had never used Photoshop until this afternoon, but I think I'm going to have to buy it. I downloaded the trial version today to play around with the program. I found several useful Youtube tutorials, that would have been even more useful if I had some clue as to what they were talking about. I am very computer illiterate if I need to do anything other than type a paper, send an email, or surf the web. This is going to be an adventure!

I love paper scrapbooking and I'm sure I will continue to scrap with paper if I manage to figure out the digital side. I am a little concerned about where I will store all of the scrapbooks I'll accumulate if I continue doing everything with paper. I would also love to be able to share my digital albums with others on the web. We'll see how much progress I make!

I would love to hear from anyone who has gone from paper scrapping to digital. If anyone has hints on using Photoshop elements, that would be great too!

I'm headed into a super busy week, with obligations every night until Friday. It's good to back in a routine. Have a great week!

No comments: