Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Ten Kindnesses

Name ten kindnesses shown to you this week.

1. My friend, Becky, offered to watch Carson while I go to his parent/teacher conference tomorrow. She is always so good to me when I need her. :)

2. My mom has been taking Greg to work this week while our truck is in the shop, which makes my life a whole lot easier.

3. Donna, the mom of a child I visit for therapy, gave me the prettiest pillow just because I said it was pretty. Last week she gave me 2 chicken alfredo boxed dinners because I said I couldn't decide what to fix for dinner. She also always asks how I am and is genuinely concerned, even while her child is still struggling with medical issues.

4. My friend, Nancy, agreed to teach my night class on Carson's birthday so I can be home to celebrate with him.

5. My friend, Syd, stopped by my desk just to see if I needed help with anything at work.

6. My friend, Brooke, emailed some pictures of Carson and his class at the fair to me on the very same day they went to the fair. I had to work, so it was great to see the pics so soon.

7. Heather thanked me for sharing a craft idea for MOPS with her and made it sound like I had come up with a solution to world hunger.

8. The waiter at Buckner's cheerfully served my rowdy Sunday school class for 3 hours on Friday night, even though I'm sure he wanted us to get the heck out of his table space.

9. My Bible study class welcomed me so warmly to the last five minutes of class last Wednesday when I was late returning from Jefferson City.

10. Greg only called me one time while I was gone getting a manicure, pedicure and shopping at Target by myself for 3 hours last night. He was even pleasant and didn't even ask when I planned to come home. Carson was in bed and the house was somewhat in order when I got home.

I tag Becky and Brooke to list ten kindnesses on their blogs. I'm feeling very blessed after taking the time for this list. Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

1UP RPG said...

Sorry I didn't read this until so late in the week...but I am honored to have been a "kindness" you experienced and to have been tagged to go next! :)