Monday, January 16, 2006

Weigh Day Update and Misc Ramblings

I am one tired mama.It's 12:30am and I am finally finished with my course outline and requirements for the ever-so-popular course "Child Life in Hospital Settings." It starts this Thursday. This is the first time I'll be teaching graduate students along with undergrads. Big change of pace from the freshman course I've been teaching. Don't tell the students, but I still feel like one of them! A student addressed me as "Prefessor Franklin" in an email tonight and I literally cracked up. I'm only 29! (For a few more months ;) Oh my, this is going to be a challenge.

I had 12 ladies join my Bible study, "The Frazzled Female: Finding Peace in the Midst of Daily Life," last Wednesday. I'll see how many come back this Wednesday. There was a good mix of ages and backgrounds, so it should be a great study. I'm definitely frazzled these days!

I lost 2.6 pounds at the big weigh-in today. Not bad for attending 2 birthday dinners this weekend. I'm looking more like a goddess every day. I think a vacation will be in order to celebrate my efforts come December. Somewhere warm and sandy. We're kicking around some ideas.

The Mazda is home and running great and all for under $50. I'll say goodbye to the white bomb in the morning. It was actualy very nice to have an extra car to drive. I'll shut up now. Nighty-night!

No comments: