Sunday, January 15, 2006

weigh day

Tomorrow is the moment of truth. After a full week completely on program, I will weigh in at 9:30 am. I stayed exactly the same last week. At first I was surprised not to have a loss, but when I was really honest with myself, I had cheated several times. That last Franklin family Christmas on the 9th was really tough on the scale. (Dang, Cheryl's potato rolls are good!) My home scale is showing a decent loss, but I've been fooled before, so we'll see what happens in the morning.

In other news, God continues to humble me when I need to be knocked off my pedestal. I was daydreaming of a new minivan a few days ago. I was actually picking a color and fantasizing about Carson sitting ever-so-quietly in the backseat watching the flip down TV screen as we drive to Florida in June. Then came the inevitable. Yesterday morning my car wouldn't start. I have one payment to go and it will be paid for. It is currently in residence at Roy's Tire and Auto awaiting a check-up on Monday morning. Luckily for me (insert heavy sarcasm here), my in-laws just purchased an "extra" car for times like these. I am now the proud borrower of a 1990 white Toyota Camry in not-so-pretty condition. I was leary of being seen in the white bomb at first, but it's CD player works great, which is a switch from my Mazda, and it actually drives decent for being 16 years old. So much for my minivan dreams. My car can be fixed and I will enjoy not having a payment for a year or three. :)
I will be spending tomorrow afternoon re-working the course requirements for my night class. I was informed late last week that I will have 5 independent study students in addition to the 25 students enrolled on Thursday nights. This means a ton more work and a little more money for me. I hope it's worth it, but I guess it doesn't really matter since I have no choice! The extra money will be nice since we're headed to Florida in June. I'll quit complaining now.
We'll be leaving for Texas Roadhouse in a few minutes to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. Happy Birthday Betsy! I'd better go wrap those presents!
Wish me luck at the scale tomorrow! Have a great MLK Day.

No comments: