Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Carb Free Livin'

I have gone carb free. I started the Atkins diet on Saturday and as of this morning, I am down 10 pounds. This doesn't seem possible, or healthy, but I'm desperate to look decent in the pink bridesmaid dress I picked up Friday. I need to lose at least a size for it to look good. I have until April 8. So far, so good. I felt terrible on Saturday, but the detox was over by Sunday and I've felt much better until today. I'm now suffering from a horrible upper respiratory infection and sore throat. Looks like I'm headed to the doctor tomorrow.

I'll be spending tomorrow catching up on my Bible study before church tomorrow night, provided I feel well enough to go. Thursday I'll be taking carson to visual therapy in St Louis and heading back in time to teach night class. Friday I'll be getting the tooth that I cracked on a blow pop crowned. Not fun and very expensive. Thank goodness for dental insurance.

Greg and I went to parent/teacher conference tonight and we're so proud of how well Carson is doing. His preschool teacher wants to move him from the special needs class to an at-risk class next fall. I was praying that she might say that. There are more typical kids in the other class and he really excels around other kids. Yay for my little peanut!

I'm off to read blogs and get some sleep! Good night!

No comments: