Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Good, the Bad, and the Really Freakin' Expensive

In a word, today sucked. Yesterday, we made the final payments on our car. Yay! No more car payments. Things are great! This morning, I got an $80 speeding ticket. That's what driving 60 in a 45 mph zone will get you in Cape Girardeau, MO. I wasn't in any kind of hurry. I was simply jammin' to my very uplifiting Mark Schultz CD and going on my merry way. I was 30 minutes late to work and down $80 by 8:30. This morning started with Carson pooping in his pants approximately 1 minute before his preschool bus was due to arrive. Things were not well in the Franklin household.

By lunch, things just kept getting worse. I somehow managed to lose 2 hubcaps in a month's time. Greg called the junkyard, no hubcaps, so we ordered 2 from the Mazda dealer. They totaled $95. They're plastic. So one day after paying off the car, it has cost me $175!!!!

On top of everything else, my poor friend Becky had to unexpectedly put her cat to sleep this morning. So far, February isn't looking real great.

I did go to Bible study tonight, which is always calming. I'm now home and have to read the 3 chapters I'm lecturing on tomorrow night and prepare some type of activity to convince the students I'm prepared for class and have some idea what I'm talking about. I may let them go early, whcih will cancel out any doubts about the quality of my lecture. Woe is me today. Tomorrow will be better. 'Til then!

No comments: