Thursday, February 09, 2006

Wow! It's Thursday!

The week has flown by. I have almost made it to the end of my first low-carb week. The cravings for flour and sugar have nearly disappered. In fact, the caffeine free Diet Coke I just drank tasted like syrup. Amazing what a week will do. Not to say I wouldn't love a piece of cake right now, but I'm not thinking about food nearly as much. I just finished off 3 pieces of pizza, no crust. Not the same as normal, but not too bad. Definitely have to use a fork.

Carson and I went to St Louis for his eye appoinment today and had a few hours to shop. We went to TJ Maxx, the St Louis Galleria mall, and Trader Joe's. I thought Trader Joe's would be much more low-carb friendly, but they seem to just be in on the "lowfat" and "organic" gimmicks. Carson's eyes are slowly progressing and we'll head back for another appointment in a month.

I let my class out early tonight since I'm just getting over laryngitis and an upper respiratory infection. I felt fine, but my voice is still squeaky and hoarse. I took the extra time to treat myself to haircut and a well deserved manicure and pedicure. I picked a soft pink shade that is very Valentiney. It looks great and my feet feel great.

Tomorrow I'll be getting my tooth crowned and then heading to work for a few hours. They're calling for 1-3 inches of snow, so I may go home early if the roads get bad. 3 inches can be a big deal here. It was 65 degrees last month! we have a birthday party on Saturday at the same time as my scrapbooking club. Hopefully, I'll at least get to drop by for a few minutes. I'm off to search for low-carb recipes!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Amy,
Where do you get a manicure & pedicure in the evening w/o an appointment? Would love to know!
Becky

Amy said...

I just go to the place in the mall. It's expensive, but worth it when i don't have an appointment.