Sunday, August 27, 2006

Pirates and Showers

The grand plan for today got shot to hell quicker than the downpour we had all afternoon. After church we went to Red Lobster for lunch with my mom. Lunch was good and Carson pretty much behaved, which is unusual these days. I think he was too busy peeling all the breading from his popcorn shrimp to get in trouble. He's weird.


We went to Barnes and Noble to pick up a birthday gift for the brother of one of the kids I see for therapy. I'm still debating whether to go to his party or not, but wanted to give a present either way. It's not that I don't want to go, but there is a fine line between being a professional and being a friend when you visit a family in their home each week. I really like this family, but I'm afraid things may seem a bit too "familiar" if I go to a family birthday party. I went to my other client's party, but we know their entire extended family, so that's a little different. I'm rambling.


By this point, Greg and Carson had reached the "we'll just sit in the car and wait" stage of shopping. I tackled Dollar Tree and Factory Card Outlet on my own for the rest of the things I needed for Carson's pirate birthday party. I still need material to make bandana's for the kids. It seems like I keep thinking of "one more thing" that will make the party really great. I should really be stopped. Carson's parties have gotten a little over the top, but oh well. I only have one kid.

We headed home, where the grand plan was for me to make all of the birthday invitations, print Juli's bridal shower invitations, and wrap 2 birthday gifts. It started pouring as soon as I decided to rest on the couch for a few minutes. I woke up at 5:00. So much for today! I'm off to read a bedtime story and watch a little Discovery Channel with Greg.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see what you do for Carson's pirate party! I bet he is going to have a blast!
Hey every good woman needs a nap now and then. You have been so busy you definately deserved it!

JoLynn said...

Cannot wait to see pirate party pics! Sounds like you accomplished a lot in your outing!