Sunday, August 20, 2006

Return of the Queen

I'm back. I never really left. I haven't blogged since I turned 30, but not for lack of blogging material. I have been so incredibly busy since turning 30 that I literally have been asleep when my head hits the pillow for the past few months. That leaves little time for blogging, but I promise to be better from now on. (ok...I promise to try to be better!)

The past few months have flown by. I still have my 4 jobs. I still play Bunco. I still scrapbook. I no longer go to Weight Watchers, but am eating much more healthfully and losing some weight. I still suck at getting my exercise in.

Carson took swimming lessons this summer and did great! He loves going under the water. He also started having physical therapy in the pool and loves it. He's now seeing an occupational therapist at Healthpoint in addition to the OT he sees at school in order to help him cope with his limited depth perception. The therapy is going well.

Carson started attending school all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays last week. He just goes in the afternoon on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. He is very tired after a full day at school, but he loves it. When I told him to get ready on Thursday morning, he was standing with his huge backpack on, waiting for me. He smiled this gigantic grin and said, "I am so big!" He is one pretty amazing 4-year-old.

Two weeks ago we took a family vacation to St. Louis for a few days. We went to the Magic House, Grant's Farm, The Anheuser Busch Brewery, Eckert's, Purina Farms, St. Louis Mills, Laumeier Sculpture Park, Chuck E. Cheese, the transportation museum, and Union Station. Here are a few pics. The rest of our summer pics can be viewed at www.carsonfranklin.net. Click on "photos". For some reason I can't link from my blog. We had a great time until we got a flat tire on the way home. Carson's favorite part of the trip was helping load our car onto the tow truck to get towed to the tire store. That was not my favorite part.







The first photo is Carson with Bailey, my friend, Christy's daughter an the birthday girl, at Chuck E. Cheese. The second is Carson having a blast taking an order at the Italian restaurant inside the children's village at The Magic House.


In July, I met 18 of my closest online friends for a private scrapbooking convention in Salt Lake City. I had a blast and had so much fun meeting all of these girls that I get to talk to online everyday. I also came home with a ton of free scrapping stuff!!!! You can see more pictures on Carson's website. Click on photos and browse the QFK album.


In June, we went to Pensacola, FL for Greg's cousin, Christy's, wedding. We hit the beach and learned several lessons about traveling with extended family members. As in, we probably won't again. These pictures are also on Carson's site.

For now, I'm glad to be back in a routine and looking forward to being in my sister's wedding in November. We bought Carson's tux while we were in St. Louis and I have my choice of three different dresses hanging in the closet. I keep finding very reasonable, very pretty black formals, so I have 3 sizes to choose from. Hopefully, I'll fit in to the one I like the best.

I'm also studying to take the GRE test. I am going to apply for a doctoral program through the University of Missouri that would start next summer. I won't be crushed if I don't get in, but I think I would like to be a full professor some day. We'll see! Thanks for checking back in with me! Let me know you stopped by!

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

4 jobs? Yow! How do you do it? No wonder you don't have time to blog!! I guess one day we'll be calling you professor?

1UP RPG said...

Glad you are back!

JoLynn said...

Glad to see you posting! It was great meeting you but I do not know how you will ever find time to blog with all those jobs!

Shannon said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you are back! I checked out Carson's site, it looks great! And the pictures from your trip are awesome!
I didn't realize you had 4 jobs! Yikes!

Trinka said...

Carson is so cute. I love your web site and signed your guest book.

Wow 4 jobs! Are you crazy!