Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Technology, Teaching, and Travel

Long day today. I got to work at 7:30 and already felt tired. It seemed to take forever just to get to the office. I'm still not used to the school traffic. I have to remember to leave earlier from now on.

Late in the morning we lost all internet connections at work. It turns out that a large portion of eastern Missouri lost internet connections for several hours due to a line being breached somewhere. It was still not on when I left at 3:00. Strangely enough, Greg said our home connection was fine when he came home for lunch. Weird. I ended up getting almost all of my reports caught up at the office since I couldn't do anything on the internet. It was a blessing in disguise because I feel so much better about being almost completely caught up at work.

At 3:00, I drove 90 miles from Cape to teach my class at Jefferson Memorial hospital. I ended up staying an extra hour to help some students with a room layout for their childcare center. I am pooped! I finally got home around 10. I'm off to talk with Greg for awhile before I crash for the night. Nothing exciting on the agenda for tomorrow, but you never know what might come up!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Girl that makes me tired just reading it! Hugs!