Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Day One in DC



I arrived safe and sound! Security took forever in St Louis, but the flight was great and we got to the hotel without any problems. After checking in, my roommate, Penny, and I met up with several of the other girls and walked many blocks to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. We mad a very quick run through since we had 30 minutes until closing time!

After the museum, we met the rest of our group at the hotel, then walked to Union Station for dinner at America, then did a little window shopping. I ordered Thanksgiving on a Roll, which was turkey, stuffing, creanberry sauce and gravy on a huge roll. It was delicious! Union Station is beautiful inside. Actually, everything has been clean and beautiful so far, with tons of friendly people everywhere. The cherry blossoms are blooming and they are gorgeous!

Today we're in conferences all day, then tonight we're going on an evening tour of DC. Tomorrow is our day on Capitol Hill. So far, everything has been great!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Amy,

I am so happy for you that you are getting to do this! I hope you have a great time. It looks beautiful. I want to go there with the kiddos.


Hugs- Rebecca