Thursday, April 17, 2008

When things slow down

I have this list of things to do "when things slow down." I am coming to the realization that I am the one in charge of making sure things slow down. It ain't gonna happen this weekend or next week, but it's time for things to slow down. I like busy, but I have really pushed it lately. I'm tired.

I worked until after 6:00 tonight to get my portion of documents ready for our monitoring visit. I still have to make copies of every document, but I feel better knowing that I have at least located everything I need. My calendar for next week is so covered with work appointments and personal obligations that I literally cannot write another thing on 5 of the 7 days of the week. May has got to be slower or I'm going to start getting very difficult to get along with. I'm starting May out with a scrapbook retreat, so I'm going to try to stick with the relaxation theme for the rest of the month on into the summer. My shorter summer workdays are only 2 weeks away!

Tomorrow Carson and I will be straightening and cleaning the basement in preparation for my new BeautiControl business. I plan to keep some inventory, so we're making room. Tomorrow night is Crazy Croppers. Saturday is my BeautiControl University, and a night out with friends for my birthday. Sunday is church, then dinner at Mom's with the family to celebrate my birthday. Not much time to relax this weekend, but lots of celebrating!

I'm off to bathe Carson and get him to bed. He'll be staying up later tonight in the hopes that he'll sleep in tomorrow. I doubt it, but a mom can dream. Goodnight!

3 comments:

1UP RPG said...

I hear ya, sister...down time is good! (And not the ice-storm induced kind.)
I hope you have a wonderful birthday!
Oh, and I had meant to comment on your meal suggestion post. I love the Kraft Food & Family magazine for quick, easy yummy suppers. It helps me add new things to the "repetoire." I usually make a two week list of meals before I go shopping every other week. I can get through about a month without repeats. Some of our current favorites are: lemon chicken stir-fry, broccoli peanut stir-fry, enchiladas, taco macaroni skillet, build your own nachos, chicken strips and lemon pasta, fettucini alfredo, tortellini with peas and bacon and pigs in a blanket. Soon, hamburgers and other stuff on the grill will be back in the repetoire too. Let me know if you want the recipes for any of those.
Love,
Brooke

Lilian said...

When things slow down huh?? Wouldn't that be nice! Sounds like you're pretty busy, but in a good way!!

Becca said...

Amy-

Being busy is what makes you- YOU. You are an adventurous soul with a lot on your plate. I can tell from every post that you are always planning your next day. I agree with needing to slow things down, I feel like I am pulled from 10 different ways most days.