Monday, August 29, 2005

The annual "visit"

Today was my annual gynecolgical exam and I am happy to say that it was rather pleasant, overall. Not the actual exam, of course, but the visiting with my doctor in St Louis is great. She is so down-to-earth and genuinely concerned. I was sweating bullets after they placed me in the exam room because a rather handsome young medical student was lingering in the hall. I had my speech prepared as to why I was not going to allow him to be the room, even for the sake of teaching, when a cute, fashionably dressed female medical student knocked on my door and asked if she could do my exam. Absolutely. Sigh of relief! My doctor looked at my photo album of Carson from birth to present and chatted with me during the exam. I love these people! Dr. Stephens informed me that she would like to get us started on "Carson II" next fall. I'll think about that.

My appointment lasted 2 hours, so Mom and I didn't get as much shopping in as we had planned. We managed to make it to Value City, Trader Joe's, World Market, and Target Greatland. I got some great deals on clothes to wear in Florida this weekend. We are still planning to make the trip to Pensacola. We've rerouted our trip and will be staying in Birmingham, AL, rather than Jackson, MS. We are hoping to avoid the 1 million people who will be trying to get back to New Orleans. What a mess. Thank goodness the clean-up efforts can begin.

Yesterday we went to visit a friend in the hospital. She is 31 weeks pregnant and having preterm labor. The doctors were going to turn her magnesium sulfate off at 5:00 yesterday and hope her contractions didn't return. We haven't heard anything today, but please keep Christa and baby Kanon in your prayers. We also went to my friend Holly's son, Peyton's, birthday party. Carson had a fun time playing with the other boys and eating cake. His face and hands were stained with green icing.

Tomorrow it's back to work! I'm counting down the hours until Thursday at 3:00 when I'll be headed to the beach!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Carson II would be awesome...but would Baby GIRL Franklin be fantastic!!! Glad you appt went well. Have a great trip this weekend - be safe! Becky