Friday, August 12, 2005

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged!
Dotti tagged me to:

List ten songs that you are currently digging... it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other random people to see what they're listening to.


I listen to all kinds of music and have such great memories surrounding songs.

1. Me and You by Kenny Chesney-the song Greg and I danced to after getting engaged and again as our first dance as husband and wife.
2. Push It by Salt N Peppa- my friend, Heather, busted out singing this on our drive home from Jeff City today. It reminds us of big hair and jr. high dances.
3. Georga Rain by Trisha Yearwood-reminds me of carefree young adult days and Trish looks like she's lost weight in the video. Is she ever gonna marry Garth?
4. Canon in D by Pachelbel- makes me teary-eyed thinking about my birdesmaids walking down the aisle before me
5. Stand by Me by Ben E King-love the song and the movie. Debra Ireland and I would rent Stand by Me and Top Gun every weekend we spent together back in grade school. When the movies were over, we would prank call radio dj's at 2:00 am. Now that is a good time.
6. My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music-brings back fond memories of my role as Marta Von Trapp back in '85.
7. Island Boy by Kenny Chesney. Reminds me of my husband. He would be so happy living in the Caribbean.
8. Gloria Patri-I get chills thinking about how many people have sung this song before me when we sing it in church every Sunday.
9. On Top of Spaghetti-A crowd favorite and the first song I ever heard Carson sing on his own.
10. Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland-a classic and who doesn't wish troubles melted like lemon drops?

I tag Brooke, Bob, Becky, and Dawn, a fellow Disney fan whose blog I recently found and am loving!


4 comments:

1UP RPG said...

Yeah, we've got your back.

Check out our blog for our Homecomers/plastic horn report.

10 songs? Man, that's hard...

Bob

Becky said...

We have 2 horns - thank God Jacob hasn't figured out how to blow in to it - he just holds it up to my mouth and expects me to do it! 10 songs??? - I'm with Bob in saying, that's hard!! I'll try -

Dottie said...

Don't you just love those horns! I'll bail you out if you picket our illustrious governer. It is really disheartening to see all of the negative changes being made.

Gotta love those plastic horns. We went with my parents to a celebration in their town and Mom HAD to mention that you could try to win a baby bunny. UH NO! You can't explain to a little man who wants a bunny how they "fix" those games. I'm glad you've got the horn and not me! :)

~**Dawn**~ said...

hey i just found me here!! LOL so i'm a little slow. i'm off to accept my "tag"!