Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Workin' 9 to 5

Actually, more like 7 to 5. I finally got to start working regular office hours this week. I leave at 3 and go see one of my therapy babies each afternoon for my First Steps jobs. On Fridays, I'll be working First Steps all day. I love the girls in my new office. It's very relaxed and easy to feel comfortable. So far, so good!

Friday we're leaving to go see Greg's brother, sister-in-law, and nephew in Nashville. We'll be going to a huge county fair on Saturday. It was a lot of fun last year. We haven't seen Andrew, our nephew, for several months. Carson talks about him all the time and is so excited to go visit. Greg and I always stay at the Drury hotel when we visit and his parents stay at the house. There is a long history around why we do this, which I will go into detail about at a later time. I'm too tired tonight. I'm hoping to get to swim while we're there. I haven't gotten to go to water aerobics for several weeks and I'm really missing the water. I tried a new ball class with my buddy, Lisa, Monday morning. The class was killer and I ended up throwing up and getting a migraine that lasted all day and night. Think it may be a little out of my league right now. I've fallen off the exercise wagon and I'm really struggling to get back on. Same with the eating healthy wagon. I feel like crap and really need to get my self back on track.

Mary Catherine has decided on my matron of honor dress. I think it's pretty, but I am scared of what my butt is going to like in this dress if I don't lose some serious poundage. Another incentive to get my butt in gear. How much weight can a person possibly lose in 8 months? I have to order the dress soon and I am really worried about what size to order. Should I be optimistic and try hard to get the weight off or should I just order the size I wear now, and hope that I can have it altered to fit when I lose weight? Decisions, decisions! Your opinions are welcome now. :)

I'm off for a First Steps training in Sikeston all day tomorrow. Tomorrow night we have back-to-school night for Carson and I'll be packing for the weekend. Take care!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Amy - Glad your job is going well! About the dress - I would order the size you are now, but then work your butt off to try and need an alteration before the wedding. If you order a smaller size...and, for SOME reason you don't get the weight off...it might be difficult to order the right size dress so soon before the wedding. Just my thoughts!

Dottie said...

It is a pretty dress Amy, I agree with Becky, it would by my luck that I couldn't order a different one. You'll do great though, I felt sick for you when you talked about the exercise class. Ease back into the routine woman!! :)Have a safe trip and fun at the fair!