Sunday, August 21, 2005

Home from Music City




Our trip to Nashville was typical. We had fun and barely saw my brother-in-law and his wife and son. We went to the fair together last night and even then they didn't stay with us. It's really better that way because we have very different marriage ans parenting styles and we just don't see eye-to-eye on too many things. Greg's parents try their best to keep us all happy and things usually end up with us doing our own thing, which is fine with us! Anyway, here's what Greg, Carson, and I did this weekend:



On Saturday afternoon we went to the Parthenon. This is the only full scale replica of the Parthenon in the world. I think it's weird that it's in the country music capitol of the world. It was very big (that's me and Carson standing in the middle of the picture) and didn't really have too much to look at inside, other than this:







You can't begin to imagine how big this statue of Athena really is. Her robes are plated in actual gold. It's even more gaudy than it looks in the picture. Carson thought "Aunt Thena" was pretty cool.











Greg took this cool picture of Carson on the steps of the Parthenon.
















That night we went to the Wilson County Fair. It rained just before we got there and the heat index was 106, so the rain made it more like a sauna rather than cooling things off. We saw pig races, ate yummy grilled corn on the cob and funnel cakes, and the boys had a blast riding rides since it was bracelet night.


















Saturday morning I got to shop at 2 scrapbook stores. The Creation Station, which was awesome, and The Crop Shop, which was ok. The Creation Station is in a neat renovated factory building in Franklin Tennessee. The factory is full of neat, artsy shops. I could spend the whole day there. Greg wasn't as impressed. They have an animal adoption center, so Carson was thrilled to get to pet all the cats in the cat room. I started sneezing within minutes. No cats for us.

Tomorrow it's back to work. I'm switching cubicles this week, which I am very excited about. I'll be getting a flat screen monitor and new computer and hopefully a little more air circulation. It's hot in the corner I've been in! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Diana Sue said...

Amy, I loved to read about your trip it looked like you had a great time. Carson looks so big. I can't wait to see you guys we need to get together down at Grandpa's with the kids. Bar B.Q. or something? Let me know.

Amy said...

We had a good time! We do need to get the kids together more. Maybe you can organize something and let us all know! ;)