Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Busy, Busy!

That's what I'll be for the next 2 weeks. I work tomorrow and Thursday. I may work Friday, but I'm hoping to avoid it. I have the weekend to get my house in order before I leave for training in Columbia Mon-Thurs. I arrive home Thursday evening at which time I will be picking up Greg and driving to Nashville for our appointment with financial guru, Dave Ramsey. We're tired of having debt and want to know the best way to get everything, including our house and student loans, paid for. We want no payments. Dave is on the radio here each afternoon. He's very informative. He's on from 1-4 on 1550 AM. His book is great too. It's called Total Money Makeover.I think we're actually meeting with his sidekick, Russ, but I am still anxious to hear what they tell us. My current Edward Jones financial advisor does not subscribe to the same philosophies as Dave, but she's also never been nearly as far in debt as he has. I am not looking forward to driving from Columbia to Nashville in the same afternoon/evening, but hopefully, it will be worth it. We'll drive home after our appointment on Friday. I'll be home for the weekend, go to work on Monday, and leave Monday evening for training in Jefferson City until Thursday. I think I'll be finished with training for awhile after that. I hope. I am tired just thinking about it all.

This weekend we went to a wedding reception. Greg told me the wrong time, so we missed the dinner and cake cutting. We arrived during the wedding party dance. We stayed for 30 minutes. Carson was crabby and we' were all hungry. On Sunday, we went to Sunday school, ate lunch with friends at Port Cape Girardeau and hung out at home for the rest of the day. It was very nice. I have no idea why all of my text is now being underlined. Oh well! My computer training ended today and I could not be happier. My eyes hurt so badly last night that I went to bed at 7:45. It was still very much light outside. Today wasn't as bad. The instructor was a computer person, not a teacher, and you could tell she wasn't used to teaching. She was rude and impatient. I hope her comment cards reflect her poor attitude. I'm a little bitter. Did I mention how rude she was???

Better go. It's time to get Carson ready for bed. Tomorrow is his last day of summer school. He couldn't care less, but I'm excited for him. Later.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, Amy - that's awesome that you're getting to meet with the Dave Ramsey team. Their whole plan does work when you stick to it. We had been on the plan for about a month - did great - then stopped. We've been back on it now for about a month and a half. We're not perfect at it, but we have paid off my camera and car early! It's exciting to knock some things off of your debt list! Good Luck! Becky

Dottie said...

I am going to have to get that book. It sounds awesome! I am all for paying the house off.
Good luck with your visit and be safe, that is a lot of driving!