Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Panic at Gravois Bluffs

So, I go out to my car after checking out at Michael's and realize I cannot find my cell phone anywhere. I panicked. You would have thought I had lost my child. Apparently I was talking so fast that the workers at Kohl's (where I had tried on clothes and thought I may have lost the phone) could not understand me. They finally understood and called literally every department to see if the phone had been turned in. Nope. A lady who was checking out offered to call my phone repeatedly so I could hear it ringing as I retraced my steps. It was nowhere. I think the customers in the dressing room may have been a bit annoyed by me banging on the doors around the stall I had used and frantically asking them to search for my phone. As a last resort, I used the phone in Customer Service to call the house of the client where I had my appointment. Her dad walked to where my car had been parked and started laughing. The phone had fallen out of my car into the driveway and was somehow untouched by the three vehicles that had left the driveway after me. It is now safe and sound in the new purse I bought especially for the cell phone security pockets it has. That baby is locked up tight. I was freaking out more so than usual because since we have no home line, the cell phone is my only means of communication with the outside world. I would die in a day if put in solitary confinement. Thank goodness my precious little phone is back!

I am exhausted. I had a fun day, bought lots of stuff, including clothes for my new job and yummy food from Trader Joe's and I am heading for bed. Tomorrow night is my party! I'll check in if I get home early enough. Later.

4 comments:

Dottie said...

Lost cell phone....I was having heart palpitations for you while reading it. I am the SAME way! Do we need an electronics support group, I'm thinking yes!

1UP RPG said...

No home phone? That is SO ghetto! :)
- Bob

Amy said...

Funny Bobster! :) I beleive you are rather ghetto yourself in the phone department.

Amy said...

Make that believe. "i" before "e", except after "c" gets me every time.