Friday, July 01, 2005

Why I Love Summer...by Amy E Franklin

I am such a nerd. I always loved writing the "What I Did on my Summer Vacation" essay the first week back at school. I was thinking about this on the way home from Perryville today. Here's a little list of things I am loving about this summer:

1. Carefree days. Though few and far between lately, I have had a few carefree days to do whatever I want. Today Carson, my mom, and I went to get my hair cut, to the used book store, to Galatti's Italian Ristorante for the oh-so-yummy lunch buffet, to So Simple Scrapbooking of Perryville, and to the grand opening of Rafiki's Children's Toys and Books. We had a great time. No real plan, just stopping in here and there. Yay!

2. Reading "junk food" novels. For some reason, I feel guilty reading chick-book fluff during the winter, but I am so loving reading my Janet Evanovich and Rebecca Campbell with a few James Patterson books thrown in for good measure.

3. Sitting at the picnic table at Dairy Queen in my wet swimming suit while eating a mini pecan cluster blizzard. Nothin' like it!

4. Being invited to a mid-week BBQ at a friend's house. Thanks Darren and Gloria!

5. Having no guilt about staying in the basement surfing the net because it's to doggone hot to go outside!

6. Getting Weight Watcher activity points for doing water aerobics. Seems like too much fun to be exercise.

That's my short list. I have many things planned for the next few weeks, so I'm sure I'll have many new things to love!

No comments: