Friday, July 08, 2005

Greetings from a Grumpy Girl

I hate painting. I decided a few months ago that our bedrooms needed some updating. After gathering ideas for several weeks, I purchased bedding and ordered some blown-up pictures from Mexico for our room. I'm humoring Greg and going with a Caribbean-beachy theme in our room. Carson's room has a surfing theme. I began priming walls and painting ceilings at 2:00 yesterday. I went to bed at 1:00 am. Did I mention that I was here alone with my very curious 3-year-old son who has never seen anyone paint a wall before? He was actually very good.

Today we went to Cape to get my paycheck and grabbed lunch at El Torero before stopping to get some spackle and a few other supplies. We started painting the color on Carson's walls at 2:30. I finished, trim and all, around 7:30. Greg and Carson just went to the store to get a few more supplies and we'll be starting on our room. I realize it is 8:53 pm and I'm probably going to be cussing for the rest of the night, but it will be great to get this all over with before the weekend. We just have to tape off Carson's stripes and paint in the morning, hang his really cool surfer pictures, and his new room will be complete. Our's is going to take a little more work, but should be finished soon.

Sounds like the boys are home! I'll check in with pics when we're done!

2 comments:

Dottie said...

Come paint mine next please! LOL
The new furniture surprise from Kurt was awesome but will require a paint job on the LR and I would rather be shot! Can't wait to see the pictures, the rooms sound great!

1UP RPG said...

They rooms sound very cool...nice relaxing themes! Did you see that Pottery Barn Kids has a big sale on all surfer-themed stuff (lamps, pictures, etc.)? I noticed it in their last catalog and thought of you. :)
Brooke