Thursday, June 23, 2005

A Boy After My Own Heart

As we were getting ready to leave for PawPaw's house today, Carson looked at me, sighed, and said,"Mom, can we just stay home and scrapbook tomorrow?" I just about melted. This has been such a busy week and it's catching up with us all. I think we will stay home and scrapbook tomorrow as soon as we go pick up my paycheck.

It was officially 100 degrees at the Franklin homestead today. As soon as we got in the car, Carson declared, "Mom, it's too hot out here! Let's go back in the house where it's cold!" How I wish we could have spent the day relaxing inside in the air conditioned comfort of our basement. My first appointment called to cancel just as I pulled in their driveway. The second apppointment went well, given that the 19-year-old mother and 16-year-old father are the new parents of twins born at 24 weeks gestation. He works at Wendy's and she will be returning to work at the Dollar General store soon. My life could be much worse.

I was able to make a trip to Scraps N More www.scrapbooknmore.com today to spend my gift certificate. I went over by $7.68. Pretty good for the amount of stuff I got. Gotta love the employee discount! I plan to spend tomorrow afternoon and evening at my scrap table. Pure Heaven!

Carson is doing great at swimming lessons. We have one more week. He has already declared that he will be jumping off the diving board next Thursday. He did it twice last year and came up smiling both times. What a little fish!

My in-laws leave for Canada for 2 weeks on Saturday, which means my babysitter (PawPaw) will be unavailable. My mom is taking off next week to watch Carson and hopefully, I'll be able to have a light work week the following week. We'll see!

1 comment:

Dottie said...

19 year old Mom and 16 year old Dad??? Yikes, isn't that illegal in Missouri??...how interesting some of your days must be!!!
Enjoy your scrapbooking, I love the look of it but so do not have the patience!!