Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A day of freedom

I have nothing to do tomorrow. I cannot remember the last time I literally had nothing planned for an entire day. What to do? I will have to pick Carson up at summer school at 10, but after that, the day is ours. We've been making several trips a week to the library for books, movies, and magazines. Maybe we'll stop by again tomorrow. Maybe we'll come home and scrapbook. Maybe we'll take a nap. Maybe we'll watch a long forgotten Disney movie and eat popcorn on the couch. Who knows?!?!

Today I made a trip to Fredericktown for work. It was uneventful. Greg and I had been throwing around the idea of canceling our home phone service and going strictly cellular. This scared me at first, but the more I thought about it, it really was ridiculous for us to be paying for 3 phone numbers for two adults. I made a trip to Cingular and signed us up for the Family Talk plan. Our phone bill will now be $60 per month instead of the massive $150 that we have been paying for the last 2 years. This really makes me sick considering all we had at home was a basic line with caller id. Did I mention that I quit my job at SBC after 3 weeks? I hate them. They wanted me to sell voice mail to people in nursing homes. Hello! Are the residents really gone so long from their rooms that they need Deluxe Call Notes to check the one message they may have waiting on a good day?!?!?

I went to Weight Watchers a day early and was down 3.6 pounds! Yay, me! That whole "the program only works if you work the program" thing is finally setting back in. I am determined to be a svelte matron of honor at Mary Catherine's wedding in April. (I've recently dubbed the occasion the McWedding. I'm not sure if she'd like that. Are you reading this, MC? ) I sure wish the McNewsletter would come so I can get the link to my fabulous, coral colored, bridesmaid gown. I am gonna look damn good by April!


Speaking of McThings. I broke my vow to never set foot in a fast food store last week. Actually, I was only in the drivethru, and I was starving, but I still haven't forgiven myself. I ordered the Fruit and Walnut salad at the Kennett, MO McDonald's. It was 5:00. They were out of Fruit and Walnut Salads. I had to pulll forward while they made one. I have since wondered if I was the first F&W salad order of the day or if they actually sell that many F&W salads at the Kennett McDonald's. Turns out I paid $3 for a sliced apple, 6 grapes, a teeny bag of "candied" walnuts (healthy?) and about 2 Tbs of some sort of sugary yogurt type dip. I still hate McDonald's.

Greg put a hit counter on the ol' blog tonight. I'll be curious to see how many of my faithful viewers are tuning in. 'Til tomorrow!

No comments: