Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A fine day!

After yesterday, I was so ready for a leisurely day today. I had one appointment in Scott City at 1:00, so I spent the morning working on paperwork , went to my meeting, and was at the scrapbbok store by 1:45 with my supplies in hand. (Actually, they were in a tackle box and my XXL rolling scrapbook tote-it's very heavy. Some may say I have a little problem with buying supplies, but it's all in the name of preserving family history!) I spent 3 hours chatting with Dwana, the owner, and working on my cruise album. It was a nice afternoon.

I left the store at 5:00 and headed for home. My mother-in-law picked me up at 6:15 to leave for our Bunco group.Bunco is a dice game with 12 players. We meet on the campus of SEMO and play 2 games. Prizes are awarded at the end. It's totally a totally mindless game and is more of an excuse to eat and gossip with the other girls in the group. I formed the group last September and we've been growing strong ever since. I seem to always be the one forming the groups and taking the lead. It's a little exhausting, but I get things done. I actually find it very strange that other people don't initiate things. Or maybe they do and don't invite me. Perish the thought! I guess the I am a true first-born overachiever, destined to be the one in charge. I also really don't understand people who aren't "joiners." What the heck do they do with their time? Not that it's bad to stay home, but I would be bored to death if I wasn't involved in tons of activities. Anyway, off my soapbox.

I just have one appointment again tomorrow, so I may get some more work done on our cruise album. My friend and workout buddy, Lisa, is meeting me at the park to jog tomorrow night. She's up to 2 miles and I am stuck at 1/4 of a mile. We've been doing the Couch to 5k program, but I have really started to wuss out. I can walk 3 miles fast with no problem and I can jog 1.5 miles on the treadmill at the gym, but when I take it outside, it's all over. Something about this horrid Missouri humidity paired with my chronic ashtma.

I realized today that I have not only fallen off the Weight Watcher Wagon, I'm pretty sure I'm eating it's dust. Tomorrow I vow to begin the Core program to get all the junk out of my system. I feel so much better when I eat right and workout, and I refuse to be "the chubby bridesmaid" at Mary Catherine's wedding in April. Back to the routine in the morning. Have a fantastic Wednesday!

No comments: