Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm back!

I survived the virus. I went back to work today and stayed the whole day, although I did have have a few queasy moments. I'm not really eating yet either, but that should help my weigh-in on Monday. :)

We got our taxes done tonight and we have to pay in yet again. It could be worse, but it's very frustrating to work 3 jobs and still have to pay in each year.

I am working tomorrow, then I'm off until Tuesday when I fly to Washington D.C. for a conference! I am so excited!!! I've never been there and while I'm the only one going from my office, several of my state buddies will be there. I'll be visiting Capitol Hill and delivering materials about the importance of quality child care to my senators and representatives in the Capitol Building. Cool stuff!

I'm exhausted and ready for bed. Have a great Friday!

9 comments:

Lilian said...

I'm glad to know you are feeling better! Have a great trip to DC!!!

Celeste said...

Glad you are feeling better Amy! Good luck on your weigh in!

How exciting to go to DC. I want to go one of these days...

~**Dawn**~ said...

Not that your financial situation is *any* of my business, but I wonder if it's the fact that you work three jobs that makes you end up paying taxes. Because they the percentage they deduct is relative to how much you make at that one job & what tax bracket it puts you in. It doesn't consider the other jobs or income you might have, and the fact that those things could bump you up to a higher bracket. Also, I always claim zero on my W-4 so they take out the most taxes possible. I want to guarantee that I never have to pay the government. And if you claim zero and *still* have to pay, you can actually request that even more be with held from your check. I would rather "pay a little" each paycheck than get a bill from the IRS due all in one lump sum.

Shannon said...

AWW, I'm sorry you were sick! I'm glad you are starting to feel better though!

Amy said...

Dawn-I'm an open book so here's why I have to pay in every year: I am self-employed as a therapist and I should be much more diligent than I am about keeping track of my expenses. I should be able to write off much more than I do, but I keep telling myself every year that I'm going to give up the job, then I feel sorry for some new baby and keep taking on more kids. It's a vicious cycle! My tax lady made me a list of things to help me out for next year, so I need to start keeping all my receipts!

Michele said...

Glad you're feeling better! Have a fabulous time in Washington DC! Can't wait to hear about your trip. It's a fun place to visit. I've been three times and loved it each time. Never seems to be a long enought trip to see everything, though. Take tons of pics!

Becca said...

I am so happy you are feeling better!! You will have a blast in DC. Take a lot of pictures- The trees should all be in bloom!!

Becky said...

Glad to see you're feeling better...have a great time in DC!

Leigh said...

Glad you're feeling better! Have fun in D.C.!