Sunday, March 09, 2008

Weekend Update

I had a fabulous time at Michele's party last night! We met at her house for predinner drinks, then headed to Port Cape for dinner and some games, then back to her house for dessert. I opted to ride the party shuttle, which was a good thing since I hadn't had that much to drink in quite a while. Those Electric Popsicles and Incredible Hulk cocktails went down pretty well. :) I am so happy that Michele has beaten cancer and is back to living life! Here are some pics from last night:
Michelle and Me







Tasha and me



The Whole Group





Scrapbook pages I made for Michele



We decided to cancel the trip to Springfield until April. It seemed a little silly for Greg to miss work without pay for a nonemergency appointment. We'll go when he gets more vacation next month. My plans for tomorrow are to stay home and get everything in order for our taxes. Fun.


Today Greg decided to clean house. (Are we in another dimension?!?!) I sat and watched him dust, vaccuum, mop, and put the laundry away. It was awesome. After that, he and his dad assembled our new entertainment center. It's actually a hand-me-down from Greg's uncle, Floyd, but it's a lot newer, nicer and bigger than our old one. Floyd is getting a new plasma TV, so he no longer needed it. It looks great and has plenty of storage for my scrapbooks, something I've never had before. I love freebies!


This week I work out of town on Tuesday and in the office Wednesday and Thursday. I somehow literally scheduled myself to be in two places at one time this Thursday night. I'll be setting up for Bunco, then walking across the street to the nursing building to be on a panel discussion about autism, then running back across the street to hand out the prizes for Bunco. Crazy! Friday night, Greg and I are headed out for a little getaway. We'll be going to a Mark Schultz concert, then staying at the newest Drury hotel at Forest Park. I am ready to get away!


That's it for now. I am determined to finish Nineteen Minutes tonight. It's a great book if you're looking for something new to read. Have a great week!

3 comments:

The Fishers said...

I love the pages you made for Michelle!! Sounds like you had a great time!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend too!

I love your new countdown! =) And in case you missed my reply to your comment on my blog: You know how much I hate WDW so you will probably have to twist my arm to make a "guest appearance" there. ;-)

Ok off to do some tags!

Becca said...

Amy,

I think you are a great friend to always think of others. Missed you at Stooge's! You will have to ask Greg about what was on TV! I think the kids had a good time. I will pray for your Momma this week!! Hugs!