Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's Thursday!

Mom's chemo went well. She had a few side effects, but they were manageable. She was having "ice cream therapy" at Cold Stone Creamery when I talked to her at 4:30. She was finished in far less than the 8 hours they had predicted.

I had a long day at work. I worked in the office all day, then tonight I served on a panel discussion of resources for parents whose children have been newly diagnosed with autism. I have a pretty good idea of what these parents are dealing with and it's not a fun place to be. They still had the deer in the headlights stares and seemed to be afraid to ask too many questions. I'll expect some phone calls next week after the information sinks in. It's still weird to me to be presented as an expert on anything, much less autism, but I am so glad to help these parents get the services their children need.

I completely forgot to stop by Bunco to hand out the prizes after the panel discussion. I didn't remember until I was in my driveway! Greg's mom delivered my snacks and prizes and the girls made it just fine without me. Hopefully I'll actually get to play the next time I'm scheduled to host Bunco. Oh well!

When I got home I had a message from one of my sister's best friends, Marge. She is having Greg's mom make her wedding floral centerpiece and wanted to drop the flowers off with me. She also asked me to be a server at the wedding, which was unexpected, but very flattering. I love a party! I've got exactly three months of Operation Skinny Minnie before the wedding.

Carson and I are hanging out at home tomorrow, with a possible run to the library. I'll be dropping him off at my grandma's house, then picking Greg up at work and rushing to the Mark Shultz concert in St Louis. I can't wait!!!

Skinny Minnie Stats: no exercise today due to blisters from the previous 2 days! Weight watchers points are entered.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy from the Winter Carnival lady. Icrecream therapy - Good for her!

Anonymous said...

PS - I hope the loud music didn't wake up my 2 yo :D

~**Dawn**~ said...

If your mom suffers any nausea, someone I work with went through chemo a couple of years ago. She went to a natural doctor to combat some of the side effects. He told her that lemonade & potato chips (the combination of tart & salty) can really help with that. And if you don't feel up to actually eating & drinking, a halved lemon under your nose or one of those little alcohol wipes they have in first aid kits does something to make you feel like queasy. It won't kick it completely if you're really neauseous but it will make it a lot more manageable.

Becky said...

Great job on your weight loss! Have fun at the concert tonight!
Becky

Leigh said...

I'm glad your mom made it through her chemo okay. Great job with exercising and logging your points in. I so need to get back to doing all that!