Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

It needs to stop raining. We are having massive flooding all over the southeast Missouri area. My parents are staying at my grandma's house because both of the routes to their house are closed. Greg's parents had to go 2 hours our if their way to get home from Nashville. I only had 7 of my 12 students in class tonight. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow too.

My seven-year-old nephew, Andrew, had hip surgery yesterday and he's in a lot of pain. He'll be in the hospital in Nashville, where he lives, for several more days. He has a degenerative hip condition, so he may need more surgeries in the future. Keep him in your prayers.

My mom had her second round of chemo today and had no side effects! Yay! She goes for another round on Thursday.

Greg and I had a great time at the Mark Schultz concert on Friday night. It's always fun to go to a concert when you know all the songs and everyone sings along. Here are a few pics:

Greg looks a little scared. The concert was at a huge church in St. Louis. There were several hundred people there. We had great seats because another couple was nice enough to offer us a spot next to them in the second closest section of pews. Wasn't that nice?

Here's a picture of Mark Schultz. He's funny and just an all around great guy. You should buy all of his CD's. I know you'll like'em. This was our third time to see him in concert.

We stayed at the new Forest Park Drury Hotel. It's very pretty. We slept in and then came home and got ready for our friends, The Moores, to come over for dinner and some Wii games. The boys had fun playing together and we had fun seeing how smart we were on Big Brain Academy.

On Sunday we stayed home and I surfed the internet basically all day. I got caught up on all of my blogs and read tons of info on the DisBoards for our trip. It was a nice, relaxing day.

Yesterday I worked in the office and went to see one of my therapy babies after work. I stayed home today since Greg's parents were in Nashville for Andrew's surgery and I didn't have a babysitter for Carson. We watched the rain and Carson got to watch movies in my bedroom while I worked on prep for my class tonight. He was thrilled.

It will be interesting to see if we can get to work tomorrow with all of the flooding. It looks like we're in for a wet Wednesday. Stay dry if you're one of my local readers!

2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I hesitate to admit this, but I think it would take me more than one relaxing Sunday to catch up on all the blogs I read. ::looks sheepish:: On the other hand, my feed reader is always full of lots of reading material! It's all about perspective. ;-)

Becca said...

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF HIM, BUT I WILL HAVE TO GIVE HIM A TRY.

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ANDREW!!