Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Auntie Em? Uncle Henry?

About 35 minutes into my class tonight my Sikeston class suddenly disappeared from the ITV screen. They reconnected about a minute later, just as the campus tornado sirens began to sound. At the same moment, an ITV tech called the phone in my room and said, "Evacuate your students to the basement immediately." We quickly said goodbye to the two distance learning sites and headed downstairs. We waited about 15 minutes until the sirens stopped and we were given the all clear. I let them all go home. It was way too much excitement for one night.

The weather here is crazy. Last Thursday we had 4 inches of snow on the ground and today we hit 72 degrees by lunch time. The storms that are going on now are predicted to be some of the worst we've had in recent years. Tomorrow's high is only 39.

I made it to Weight Watchers yesterday! It was good to get back in the swing of things. I've been drinking my water and counting my points.

Tomorrow I have to take Carson to the eye doctor. I have a feeling she'll say he needs another eye surgery. He's not using both eyes together and is relying heavily on moving his head instead of his eyes. He hasn't had a surgery since he was three. This might not be pleasant.

Mom's appointment is at 10 tomorrow. I'll let everyone know what's going on as soon as I can. I can't post to my blog at work, so check back tomorrow evening. Thanks again for all of the prayers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's no place like home :) Nice blog!

~**Dawn**~ said...

This Winter in Florida has been pretty mild. Strange how fickle Mother Nature can be.

I hope all goes well with your mom...

Lilian said...

OH wow!!! SCARY! The weather is so freaky! I'm glad to know you are safe!

Becca said...

We had a giant old oak tree fall over, root ball and all in the front yard, right next to the driveway.

I am happy to hear you were all safe. Hugs to your Mom.