Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm still here!

I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. I ended up getting sick in my hotel room in Jefferson City on Tuesday evening and I felt like crap on Wednesday and Thursday. I drug myself to the Jefferson City Target and stocked up on medical supplies. I had a humidifer running, Nyquil and Vick's as well as Johnson's Vapor Bath for a nice long soak in the tub. I have severe asthma, so when I get the least bit sick, I have a really hard time breathing. Unfortunately, my room was right by the elevator, so I heard "Ding!Ding!" all night long. I didn't sleep much at all. The drive home on Wednesday was not fun.

Yesterday we got round two of the Great Missouri Ice Storm. Luckily, this one wasn't as large as the first. We still have power this time. Carson and I stayed home all day yesterday and watched the sleet and freezing rain accumulate. Greg got to come home early. The main roads are clear, but the side roads are horrible. I literally had to crawl up the icy steps of my therapy baby's house this morning. I'm sure the neighbors enjoyed seeing that!

Mom had her appointment at the cancer center yesterday. She will begin chemo in a few weeks. They did find that she has a decent size mass in her abdomen, not just the original mass that they found in Cape. She also has a spot in her chest, but they aren't too concerned about that one right now. She ordered her wig today and is ready to get the show on the road. Her doctor told her that this type of cancer has a good prognosis and that she will most likely be in remission after the chemo. She's also signed up to participate in a research study that is showing promising long-term remission results.

Greg's parents returned last night from a cruise to Mexico. It did not go well. They left Saturday, then woke up Sunday to find that they were back in Alabama because someone had a heart attack on the ship and had to be taken to the hospital. They left again late Sunday morning and found out that one their stops had been canceled due to the delay. The next two nights, they were storms at sea. They had water seeping through their cabin window and there were barf bags taped to the hallways because so many people were sick. So far, they are being offered a $25 refund. I don't think they'll sail with Carnival again.

I'm off to finish making an Elvis Presley cake for our scrapbook crop tonight. If it's good, I'll post the recipe. I'll be spending my crop time finishing a super-cute recipe box that I made for myself. I want all of my recipes in one place. I have the box and dividers finished, but I have lots of recipes to copy onto cards. Have a great weekend!

No comments: