Thursday, February 07, 2008

Brenda's, Bunco, and Buddies

Today was better! I got a lot done at work and had a terrific time at lunch with three of my work buddies. We laughed and laughed. We went to Brenda's Place which is a little bitty hole-in-the-wall place in the the "ghetto" of Cape Girardeau. Cape doesn't really have much crime, but the south side is a much poorer area of town. Brenda's is reasonably priced home cooking. I had the pulled pork BBQ plate lunch and a ginormous piece of coconut cream pie that I split with Christy. Yum-yum!

Tonight I had dinner at Logan's with my mom, mother-in-law and our friend, Carol, before we went to Bunco. I'm glad Mom decided to go. Our friend, Linda, surprised us by bringing a Gin Bucket to Bunco. It's yummy and doesn't really have enough gin to do more than lift your spirits a bit. :) I ended up rolling 4 Buncos and won the biggest prize-A Red Lobster gift card!

A few people have asked about the music on my blog. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, you can see the music player. It tells you the name of the song and artist. You can even scroll through the list and pick another song if you'd like. It's mostly contemporary Christian, country, a little pop, and a touch of Van Halen for good measure and because sometimes, you just have to rock. :)

Tomorrow we get to sleep in and then head to Cape at 1:00 to finish Carson's speech evaluation. I have to work in Kennett, 2 hours away, all day Saturday. I'm not too excited about that. Carson is hosting a Valentine party for his friends on Sunday and we still have a lot to do.
However, tonight I am headed for bed. Have a fantastic Friday.

3 comments:

Nicole *Ü* said...

Yeah! Glad you had a better day and it sounds like some fun. Good luck with Carson's appointment and the party. Sounds like fun!! If only I'd scrolled down far enough! LOL I loved listening through the songs!

1UP RPG said...

Amy, I'm glad today was a better day! I am sorry that we won't be able to come to Carson's Valentine party...we are the sick. :(

Brooke

~**Dawn**~ said...

I hope you have a great weekend, Amy! =)