Sunday, February 17, 2008

Babies and Birthdays

I held Riley all through church today. He was bright-eyed until the very end, then he instantly crashed. After church we went out to eat for brunch, then I hurried home to make my friend, Shar's, yummy chicken salad for Brittany's baby shower. This chicken salad has become a staple at all of our wedding and baby showers. Heaven knows we've had a few of those in the last year or so!

Croissant Chicken Salad
(this makes enough for a crowd)

3 cans chicken breast, drained and flaked
1/2 bunch of green onions, finely chopped
3 stalks of celery, finely chopped
1 Tbs dry mustard, or more to taste
2 tsp garlic powder
Mayonaise
Miracle Whip

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use equal parts mayo and mayonaise to get the consistency you like. We like it pretty creamy. Serve on croissants or dollar rolls.


We had about 25 people at the baby shower. Mom's power went out just before the guests arrived, so we had a candlelight snack and the power came on just before Brittany opened the gifts. She got lots of cute things. Juli and I decided that I'll need another baby shower if I have another baby. She pointed out that there may have been many technological advances in baby gear since I had Carson 6 1/2 years ago. I'll go for that. :)

After the shower the husbands joined us for dinner in celebration of Juli's 23rd birthday. Mom made all of her favorites including meat loaf, mashed potatoes, cheesy vegetables, and hot rolls. I took her a bowl of dumplings from yesterday and made Poppyseed Chicken. It was all very good, but I'm dreading my weigh-in at Weight Watchers tomorow! Doesn't Ash look excited about the cake? Happy Birthday Jules!



I'm in the office tomorrow then leaving for Jefferson City on Tuesday. Hopefully I'll make a little further up the road this time! Have a great week!




1 comment:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I have to say thath in the eight years since I left daycare, I am incredibly jealous of those who are doing it now. The equipment they have now would have been so welcome! Top of the list: the Bumbo seat. I would have *killed* for that! Boppy pillows do not really help a baby to sit up. They just cushion the impact of a tip-over but you still spend half your day sitting unhappy babies back up on the Weeble-wobble bottoms. =P