Friday, February 01, 2008

Ralphie the Snowman

Carson was so excited to get to use the snowman kit he got for Christmas. He and Greg were outside the minute Greg got home yesterday. The snow was perfect for building a snowman. Carson informed us that the snowman's name was Ralph. He's an original. They built him facing our house, so Carson kept going to the window to check on Ralphie until it got dark. Ralphie was leaning quite a bit this morning, but so far, he's still standing. He must have had a rough night.

We ended up venturing out today, even though I had planned on staying home. The roads were fine once we got the van out of the driveway. We went to the university for Carson's speech evaluation and he did great, especially considering it lasted two hours and we're only halfway finished. We'll go back next Friday for the second half.

My mom is home and is feeling fine. She'll get the results of her biopsies on Friday. If it is cancer, it appears to be lymphoma, which is one of the most curable cancers. Keep those prayers coming!

I spent the morning getting the house back in order and surfing the net. We came back home for a few hours after the speech eval, then went out to eat when Greg got home. We went out for Mexican, but I noticed on the way to Casa Mexicana that our new Chinese restaurant is open. We may have to try it after church on Sunday. We only have one other Chinese restaurant in our little town, so this is a big deal. This evening I put together treat bags for the Valentine party Carson is hosting. (Who says homeschoolers don't socialize?) I also managed to get pictures adhered to 2 scrapbook swap layouts. If I just did two a night, I could make a lot of progress. I plan to work on more tomorrow when I get home from work. I have two babies to see. I'm not quite sure how I started taking weekend kids again, but at least I'm done early and the money is good.

I'm actually glad we went out today. The snow is beautiful, and it will be gone very soon. The high on Sunday is going to be close to 60! Southeast Missouri is one crazy place! Have a great weekend!





6 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I am so relieved for you, with that news about your mom. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. LOL @ Ralphie having a rough night!

Becky said...

Love the photo! Continuing to pray for Joyce and for positive test results.

1UP RPG said...

Ralphie is a pretty cool looking guy!

Bob

1UP RPG said...

I am impressed too...we only managed a "snow head"...we named her Myrtle.

Brooke

Becca said...

Amy,

I love the snowman, and so many times we have built them facing the road, and then we do not get to enjoy his /her face. Good choice!! That Greg is a keeper.

The Fishers said...

How ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!