Monday, January 07, 2008

Break a Leg

So, I fell today. I tripped over my dog in the kitchen while rushing to get dinner ready before my friend, Angie, came over to visit this evening. I had just said, "Spanky! Get out of here!" when I turned and went down. My knee is killing me, my shoulder is aching, and there is blood seeping between my real and acrylic pinky fingernail. It hurts.

Here's the culprit looking rather guilty.

I sulked for a few minutes until I realized Greg was in no way going to be able to get the gravy the right consistency without assistance. I made a fabulous pot roast today, altough I went the crockpot route rather than cooking in a dutch oven for hours like The Pioneer Woman. It was still really good. Browning the roast really does make a big difference. You should try it.

I survived my 4 hour interactive TV training and feel confident that I'll be able to at least see or hear the students, if not both. Luckily, I'll have tech support just a phone call away. Next on the list is learning to build the class website later this week. I'm becoming such a techie.

I got some insider Disney tips from Dawn today. She's the queen of all things Disney World and gave me lots of good info. Check out her blog. (There's a link in my sidebar if this one doesn;t work.) She's witty and posts lots of cool Disney World pics.

I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting of the year tonight. There were no Monday meetings last week due to the holiday. I've logged my points for the day and I'm feeling rejuvinated and ready to get back on track. I had planned to walk tonight until I fell. Hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow. I'd love some friends to join me on this journey! Registration is free right now.

I got the sad news today that my local scrapbook store is closing after 8 years. Now the closest store will be 30 miles away, and it's not that great. Looks like more trips to St. Louis and Dexter will be on the agenda.

I am off to finally finish The Christmas Bus and choose a new book to start tomorow. Make Tuesday great!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I can't believe little non-rambuntious Spanky was under your feet! He looks so innocent!

Lilian said...

Oh man! I'm sorry you got hurt but I did laugh a little at the thought of you being more concerned about the consistency of the gravy! Too funny!!!

I'll be checking out your friend's blog. While I'm not close to Disney World, we are going to Disneyland in two weeks!! YAY!

The Fishers said...

Hey girl!

Found your blog today by reading your comment under Becky's blog!! I LOVE your layout! You have to show me how you did that!!
By the way I'm adding you!

Heather

~**Dawn**~ said...

Awwww... thanks for your kind words. ::blushing::

Just look at that little face. He's so sowwy.