Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A New 'Do...and No Spew!

I haven't gotten the full-blown flu, just intermittent nausea. I think the preventative Pepto I've been chugging and the happy, anti-upchucking thoughts I've been thinking have really helped. Ok, probably not, but hopefully I've made it out of the danger zone.


I left work at noon to get my new 'do. The stylist talked me into leaving my hair slightly longer than the Kate Gosselin picture since I had been used to it being quite a bit longer than the pic. I think it looks good! I even walked on the wild side and had some copper highlights added to my normal blond highlights. Here's the before:


and the after:


It's hard to see the reddish highlights in the pictures, but they're there! I'm glad I decided to be daring.



Brooke left a comment earlier in the week asking what my hair was like when Greg and I met. Greg doesn't care much about my hair and would never say anything either way about how it was cut or styled. Tonight I had to point out that it was significantly shorter and red. He's oblivious. I did decide to put a little "hairdo's throughout the years" montage together for your enjoyment and comic relief. Here goes:


Our wedding 1998, shoulder length and in an updo with curly tendrils






Chistmas 1999, big and a little flippy in the back



Spring 2001 shoulder length and layered

Disney 2004 very short and easy

Cruise 2005 longer and very flippy






So, there you have the long and short of it. :) It's definitely easier short and I think I'm just a short hair person.


We went to Red Lobster tonight for Cecil's birthday. It was yummy! I didn't get a great picture because Carson refused to smile once the waiter brought the food. He likes to eat.





Tomorrow is work then a SEMO University basketball game with some friends. Friday is my spa party! I'm ready for some relaxation. Make Thursday great!











4 comments:

1UP RPG said...

Aw, look at Baby Amy :) Thanks for the montage! I think your new ;do looks great...I'm glad you gave us the side view so I could fully appreciate the copper highlights....good choice!

Brooke

~**Dawn**~ said...

I gut my hair chin length about ten years ago. When I cut it, it was down to almost the middle of my back. Since then, I have gotten progressively shorter. I love the ease of styling my hair when it's short! The only downfall is that I have to get it cut every 6-8 weeks. Did you feel like your head was naked the first time you tried to wash it? LOL!

I'm glad you seem to be doding the plague. I will take nauseous over actually being sick *anyday*. Those people who say they would rather just get sick because they will feel better? Yeah, I think they're crazy. =P

Becca said...

I love it, it looks really good on you. I am surprised that Greg did not whisk you away to the bedroom...

Theresa Marie said...

Great new hairstyle Amy! I can see the red highlights :) I'd never seen a photo of your DH - boy does Carson really look like him! :D
Hope you all are feeling OK and don't get the full blown flu!