Thursday, January 03, 2008

Smells Healthy in Here

So, I decided to head back to Weight Watchers. In 2006/2007 I gained back all of the weight I had lost a few years ago on Weight Watchers. They kept mentioning something about a lifestyle change that apparently didn't manage to stick in my brain.

I spent New Year's Eve eating chips, dip, chex mix and bacon appetizers until the stroke of midnight. I was in heaven until about 2 am when I woke up with horrible nausea and heartburn. I guess I can thank God for reminding me that a change to healthy eating is certainly in order.

I've been on the wagon since 12:01am 01/01/08. I cleaned out the fridge, stocked it with healthy goods, and gave up my Coke cold turkey. So far, so good. (Although I did have a minor anxiety attack when the sticky bun episode of Throwdown with Bobby Flay came on tonight.) :)

We've also done a major overhaul on the clutter in our house. Greg hauled 2 van loads of stuff to Goodwill and numerous bags of trash to the curb last weekend. It feels great to be living in a clutter free house. It also felt great to deliver a huge box of my scrapping stuff to a single mom on a limited budget. She was delighted with the delivery.

I stayed home with a migraine today, most likely due to junk food withdrawal. This means I will have to take Carson with me to work in the morning while I finish a report. That's always interesting. Tomorrow night I'm cropping with friends, which is always a great time! Have a great Friday!

10 comments:

Michele said...

Hey, girl. Didn't know you had a blog. Love it! I think we share the same sense of humor.
Keep in touch.
Michele;
http://michelepeters.blogspot.com

1UP RPG said...

The blog looks great! Glad to have you back!
I also did a lot of de-clutter right before Christmas and in the new year. It gives you a burst of energy, doesn't it? I also packed up all the Christmas candy left in the house and had Bob take it to the teachers lounge. Yes, I am sacrificing the diets of the residents of C-Building for my own! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey--glad to see you're back on the wagon--have been thinking about having a "Try It" party with Weight Watcher recipes. I'll be sure and add you to the invite list so keep an eye out for a new WW recipe you want to try!
Lisa H.

Lilian said...

HI AMY!!!! I'm so glad to see you posting again!!!! I feel the same way about a lifestyle change and hope to make one myself. Looks like you've had a very eventful year!

Shannon said...

Amy, It is so great to see you blogging again! It looks like you have been so busy this last year. Doesn't it feel good to have a clutter free home! I love it when my house is all clean and sparkly.
Keep blogging! I love your writing style!

Becky said...

Glad to see you back! See you tonight - Becky

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of all of you who have already started to declutter - I'm still making Christmas presents and have three more celebrations to go!!! Next week I know I'll catch up!
Brooke - as much as I miss C Building, I'm glad I wasn't there that day (I'm sure the candy didn't last more than one day....)
Danna

Theresa Marie said...

I'm with you on the trying to get healthy thing... I admire you for giving it all up cold turkey (esp. coke!) that's hard!

Anonymous said...

We've missed you!! SO glad to see you back around. Sounds like you all have been busy. I can't believe how big Carson has gotten! I also need to get healthy but having a hard time getting started. Good luck with WW - I know you'll do great!

Stacy said...

Way to go! I need to get back to WW too. I was doing so well. I also started to declutter a few things...feels great.