Saturday, January 05, 2008

Feeling a little spacey

We visited the Space: Dare to Dream exhibit at the university today. It was great given that nothing like this ever comes to our rural town. It was certainly not Kennedy Space Center, but Carson enjoyed it.

Never mind that man behind Carson in the first picture. Carson wasn't quite tall enough and I haven't ventured in to the world of Photoshop yet. I'm thinking I may need to learn photo editing this year.

Greg went geocahing in Perryville all morning. Carson and I hung out at home until this afternoon when we all went to the museum. After the museum we headed to the mall to pick up some Wallflowers at Bath and Bady Works. Big mistake. It was like Black Friday in the store, with people waiting in line to check out half way out the door. They were having their semiannual sale. I gave up and browsed the other stores. Finally, I gave in and got in line. My house smells yummy like Brown Sugar and Fig.

When we got home, I ironed all of the curtains I washed last weekend, then finished the calendar I started last night. It took longer than I thought, but I am loving my Cricut. I still have a lot to learn to be able to understand all of the features.

Borrowing this from Heather's blog:

{2007 in review}
1. What did you do in 2007 that you have never done before? hmm..I went to Orlando during peak season...I will never do that again

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for 2008? not at all. I am starting over this year

3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007? yes, my sister-in-law, Rachel, gave birth to Riley Todd in November. He's a cute little dude and very cuddly.

4. Did anyone close to you die in 2007? yes, my cousin, Todd. He had been very ill for a very long time.

5. What countries did you visit this year? none

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? patience and financial peace

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? no particular date stands out. We had lots of great days!


9. What was your biggest struggle in 2007? To commit to getting healthy and follow through.

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury in 2007? Nothing unusual

11. What was the best thing you bought this year? Our van. Now we have plenty of room for traveling.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Carson. We have very high expectations for him and he does pretty well given his vision and motor difficulties.


13. Whose behavior dissappointed you? Carson's teachers. I'm not quite sure that they enjoy their jobs.

14. Where did most of your money go? To eating out. This will be changing in 08.

15. What did you get really really excited about this year? Our vacation.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007? nothing stands out

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, much nicer or richer? Definitely not richer. I'm working on being nicer and happier.

18. What do you wish you had done more of? Stayed home and enjoyed time wth my family.

19. What do you wish you had done less of? Stressed out about things I have no control over.


20. Did you fall in love in 2007? I realized that Greg and I sure have been through a lot and we still laugh at each other every day.


21. What was your favorite TV Program in 2007? LOST..it's finally coming back on this month!

22. What was the best book you read this year? Eat, Pray, Love. It's good. Read it.

23. What was your greatest musical discovery this past year? The Wicked soundtrack. Made even beter when Becky and I went to see Wicked in December

24. What did you want and get? My Cricut.

25. What was the best movie you saw this year? I didn't see hardly any movies this year. I should go to the movies in 2008.

26. What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn? I turned 31. We went out to dinner.

27. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying? If I would have lost at least a little weight and got back in the exercise routine.

28. How would you describe your personal fashion statement this year? Stqandard work outfit (black or khacki pants or capris with a colorful shirt or sweater). Jeans and t-shirts after work.

29. What kept you sane this year? Playing Bunco once a month, croping at least once a month and going on vacation

30. What celebrity did you fancy the most? I don't give a lot of thought to celebrities.

31. Who did you miss this past year? The girls I met in Utah in 2006. I would love to get together with them again soon.

33. Who were the best new people you met this year? I had some great students that I still hear from.

34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year: Things really will look better in the morning, no matter what.

Tomorrow is church, then I'm planning to work on lesson plans for Carson and for my college class that starts in a few weeks. I'd like to scrap too if I have extra time. I'm also thinking pot roast may be on the menu after reading this on the Pioneer Woman Cooks blog. Yum!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Whew! Your blog makes me exhausted! You have so much going on. Don't know how you do it.
Keep in touch.
Michele;
http://michelepeters.blogspot.com