Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Who's there?

I came in a little late on the knowledge that this is National Delurking Week. I think it's time for all of my readers to make your presence known. I am thrilled that I've already had several hundred visitors since I started blogging again and I thank all of you for stopping by. However, it would be great to hear what you have to say, so here's a little challenge for you-Anyone who is willing to to delurk and post a comment between now and Saturday will be entered to win a nice little goodie basket full of surprises. I have a hankerin' for some shopping and I'd love to go shopping for my lucky reader. So, you've got some choices: post a comment just letting me know you stopped by, ask me a question, comment on my crazy life, or share a quote or piece of wisdom that you've been holding on to. That's all. I like feedback and the feeling that all of this time spent neglecting my family and home while blogging is worth something to someone. Thanks!





In other news, I had two meetings this afternoon and feel like I got very little accomplished at work today. Tomorrow we have an office baby shower at lunch, which is always good for 2 hours away from the office. After work I am heading to Sikeston, a town 30 miles south, to evaluate a child and to make a little stop at the scrapbook store there. It turns out we most likely won't get much snow, so travel should just be rainy.


Today I ran into a friend that I hadn't seen in a few months. We have the same color and texture hair and she has the cutest short hair cut. I am seriously debating cutting my hair really short again. It's so fine and soft that it starts looking stringy at about the length it is now (see picture in sidebar for current length and style). So here's my debate. Feel free to chime in here. Should I keep growing my hair out into a layerless, chin-length bob as planned, or cut it short and hassel-free like Kate Gosselin?



I love her hair and have actually had mine cut even shorter in the past. It' s a lot easier in the mornings, but I have spent so much time growing my top layers out to try to get to the chin-length bob cut, which should also be cute. So, bring on the opinions. Goodnight!

8 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I don't qualify as a lurker at all, but I just wanted to mention that one of the best ways to increase your readership & the people who comment is to make sure you leave comments on all kinds of other blogs. It seems people have this weird fear they are intruding if they leave a comment on a blog they don't know. I say: ummm hello? It's a public blog. The more comments I leave around the blogosphere, the more hits and comments I seem to get on my own! =) It's just about taking the first step & saying hello.

As for the hair, I think Kate is just about the *cutest* thing ever. She reminds me of a long ago ex-fiance's sister that I just adored. And you know that if that style is low maintenance enough for her to pull off, it's *got* to be easy. I keep thinking I would love a variation of that because I am almost ready for something different, but I don't want to grow mine out. I love it short. I think my hair has too much curl to it for that though. I don't want to be stuck trying to straighten it. That's why my own style works so well as low maintenance: my hair does the little crazy flippy thing all by itself, so I get the windblown effect with zero effort on my part.

Becky said...

Love the short hair...but I like your hair now too. I'm not a lurker either but hopefully I'm still eligible for your giveaway!!

Elizabeth in MO said...

I am a lurker, but you know me! I'm Elizabeth, Becky's sister! LOVE your blog! I came to it through a link on Becky's blog. I am new to this whole thing and hope to some day have my own blog set up.

Regarding the hair - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "Jon & Kate plus 8"!!!!!! AND, Kate is adorable! I LOVE her hair, too! I had been growing mine out to a chin-length bob, had it about there and chopped it all off this past Saturday! I am a short-hair person at heart - love the easy maintenance and the "no hair in my eyes" thing when I'm busy with my 3 boys! Your hair is cute, but it would be so cute short, too!

Oh - on another one of your posts - LOVE the Amy Butler fabric bag you want! Cute, cute, cute fabric! I ordered a whole pack of her fabric on ebay - with nothing in mind to make but the fabric is gorgeous! Waiting for my moment of inspiration and creativity to hit!

Keep up the great blog! I enjoy it! Elizabeth

Julie said...

Hi Amy,

I'm de-lurking!! I do check your blog frequently and love hearing what is going on in your life!

As for the hair, I say "go for it". It's only hair, and it will grow back if you don't like it.

Becca said...

Amy- Surprise! I am a lurker. I am so happy to see you are posting again. I have started a blog now also, you will have to check it out. How Fun!!

I say cut your hair, and go earring shopping!! Cute short hair, looks best with great earrings. Have fun girl!!

Keane & I would like to go out for dinner with you two some time. Maybe to our parents hangout, Stooge's. What do you think??
HUGS

1UP RPG said...

I haven't been lurking, but I also haven't been commenting as much as I should, so here I am!

My vote on the hair is that I think that style would look super cute on you. I can understand wanting to have some length too. I sort of navigate between my current style (that Heidi who cuts my hair calls "a stack and swing" shorter bob and a chin length bob.) I have a BIG head so its hard to make short hair look good on me, but I really like the convenience of having a style without having to do much. I think you can pull off the super short and could use to convenience, so you see where my vote lies.
p.s. Sometimes I wonder if Bob misses the hair of my younger days. We got engaged it was half way down my back....:) How long was yours when you met Greg?
Brooke

Theresa Marie said...

hey hey - I'm a half lurker... LOL I sometimes have time to leave comments and sometimes don't :) LOVE that photo of Kate.. and I do love her hair!

Shannon said...

So, I missed reading this to get in the draw for Saturday, but I'm voting for the hair cut! I think it would look really cute on you!
I do read your blog, but I've been so busy that I haven't had time to post on anything pretty much!