Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring...Let's go for a Drive!

Today it rained. And rained. And rained again.


Work was uneventful. I arrived at a meeting dripping wet from the rain, but other than that, it was just another work day.


Then, the fun began. While working with this beautiful boy during his weekly appointment, my cell phone kept ringing.

I just assumed Greg really wanted to talk to me about dinner and ignored the phone until after the appointment. When I left the house of the adorable child pictured above who shall remain nameless, I noticed that the phone calls were from my friend and coworker, Christy. She needed help. She was on her way to an evening meeting an hour from home. She was driving our shared work car, which has just about been run into the ground. She had a flat tire and was sitting on the side of a major interstate highway in the dark, 45 miles from home, praying that she did not get plowed by a semi. Her husband is currently working out of town and I was the only person she could get to answer the phone. So, I took a little 2 hour round trip drive this evening to rescue her. She actually told me she was 10 miles closer than she was. I really pissed some other drivers off by driving 50 in a 70 mph zone searching for her car in the dark for 10 miles. Oh the things we do for friends! She's lucky I really like her.

Greg, Carson, and Greg's parents were kind enough to delay going out to dinner and then ordered for me at the new Jackson Diner. My chicken gyro was "eh," but Greg's Chicken BLT Grinder was fabulous. We'll be headed back to the diner very soon.

I have logged my WW points for the day and ended up with a point to spare. I had planned to exercise today, but the rain, unscheduled road trip, and ankle pain from my little tumble yesterday was enough to convince me to skip the walk today. I'll try again tomorow.

Thursday is Bunco and Friday is a Spa Party at friend's house. Good times!

3 comments:

Theresa Marie said...

how great that you were able to rescue your coworker... what a scary situation for her. Great job on the WW! :) Hope your leg starts feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like me! What an adventure?!
Christy

Anonymous said...

Man, you have been a bloggin fool! Good for you! That was really nice of you to go pick up your co-worker. Hope your leg is feeling better. And let me know if you guys ever do make it back down to Disney. I'd love to catch up with you somewhere!