Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action

My class went very well. All of the cameras connected, all of my students showed up, and I could hear everyone. I have a smaller group than usual, with only 13 students total in the three locations. I can't really see any faces of one of the groups, but at least I can tell how many people are in the room and hear all of them. I think it will be a good semester.

I finally have the class website up and feel like I have a very basic understanding of how to add to and edit the website. I hate feeling so illiterate about computers. Yesterday I went to the faculty lab to have a student tech help me put some info on the website and he asked if I was a teaching assistant. I explained that I was faculty and had been teaching for four years. He told me that I wasn't old enough to be a faculty member. I was at least 10 years older than him. I'm not sure if that was a compliment or a jab. He was an interesting guy.

Tomorrow is another office workday. I haven't had to travel much lately, but I do have a few day trips coming up out of town next week. It's hard to work in the office all day when I've been doing home visits and field work for the last 8 years. I should get plenty of paperwork done this week.

There's a chance for snow Thursday. I hope we get enough for Carson to use his new snowman kit. So far we've only gotten about an inch all winter. I'd like a nice, snowy Friday to curl up with Carson and my baby nephew, Riley.

Friday night is my monthly crop, then we have no plans for the weekend and I'm off on Monday. I have baby shower invitations and valentine party invitations to make. I'm set for a cozy weekend inside.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I would be so nervous about doing the class online with cameras and whatnot. No thank you, not for me! Glad it went well!